cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Technical Hiccup Error Message

I purchased an item on3/10/24 that has never arrived. USPS Tracking says a ticket was issued for this item but it was not dropped off.  I opened a case through eBay and contacted the seller. Seller responded saying they mailed it on 3/12/24 and asked if I still want a refund. I attempted to respond to seller saying yes I do want a refund since I have not received the item. However when I click on the Respond to seller link, I get the message Oops, we have a technical Hiccup. I tried responding another way by going into the open case option where it says action required on my part, but I received the same error message there. I tried to contact through EBay Help, but the automated system does not address a technical Hiccup issue, and none of the other options are helpful. I looked online to find a telephone number for eBay customer service, but even by telephone I am only able to speak with automated message that only offers same options as online Chat Help. I am a long time eBay customer but I won’t feel comfortable using eBay again if I am not able to get this customer service issue resolved!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: eBay Technical Hiccup Error Message

@ibrakeforbooks,

If you are using the app, when was the last time you checked it for upgrades, what about the device's operating system? 

If you use a computer, have you checked to see if your operating system and/or browser are up to date? If you do a lot of online searching on your device have you cleared your temporary internet files and cookie cache and restarted it? 

eBay's customer service has never been a way to get technical issues resolved. It is there for transactional issues only. Lately ebay has made several changes to the site that caused several glitches to happen. 

As for the seller not shipping. They are a new seller who like many new ones, did not know about the 21-30 day hold ebay places on all new and returning after a year of not selling, sellers first few payments, which causes them not to ship even though they often print a shipping label.

On their account the payment status is marked as Pending, so they do not think the funds have cleared yet.  You should have checked their feedback profile page before buying from them, especially if their feedback was (0) when you bought from them.  New sellers run into various problems because of their lack of experience using the site.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: eBay Technical Hiccup Error Message

@ibrakeforbooks wrote:

I opened a case through eBay and contacted the seller.

I attempted to respond to seller saying yes I do want a refund since I have not received the item.

However when I click on the Respond to seller link, I get the message Oops, we have a technical Hiccup. 

Just wait the 3 business days @ibrakeforbooks instead, then after that come back to step in and escalate the case to eBay for your refund.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply