Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Package says delivered but wasn’t

I know this is going to sound crazy, but it’s really the truth. I ordered a Nike winter parka from eBay. I know it’s not the sellers fault.. but it said it was delivered at my home a few days ago. I went to go get it but it was not there. When there ...

Puchased item says Pay Now.

Today, I made a purchase on Ebay. Not cheap at all. My mistake was refreshing when the pay now button wasn't working the first time. My bank took the hit, but I still have to pay now. I'm sure it's pending and everything is fine. It's just a matter o...

Why is eBay not protecting us buyers!?!?

Why is eBay not protecting us buyers!?!?I made a purchase that advertised returns excepted and seller pays for returns. When I go to return I get the run around then I'm ghosted and Ebay just keeps me in this loop not allowing me to make a dispute. W...

ebay did not help after seller ignore my complains

Seller sent wrong and also broken item. During conversation promised to send correct one and even presented some fake tracking number. Stop to reply after that. Ok, obviously this is bad seller. But what is pity that ebay.com did not help me and simp...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Can I do a chargeback

Scenario: I bought an item from a seller who doesn't take returns. In the time it took the item to arrive, I discovered I didn't need it, so I asked for a return which was denied.May I do a chargeback to get refunded anyway? Or does this scenario qua...

Ebay charging wrong sales tax.

I'm being charged sales tax for a town that I am not subject to their sales tax. I've contacted Ebay 3 times with no results. I've sent a copy of an email to Ebay from the town stating that I am not subject to their sales tax as I do not live in thei...

This seller is dishonest; do not buy from them!

These are the messages the seller sent me after I requested a refund for a book they listed as hardcover but was actually a paperback. Then they try to tell me they cannot issue a refund while a case is open when the exact opposite is true: a refund ...

I can't buy ebay Alert (To help protect your eBay account, we sometimes limit the amount of items)

Alert (To help protect your eBay account, we sometimes limit the amount of items that can be bid on or purchased by a single account. However, you may be able to increase the limit on your account by verifying some information about yourself.Call us ...

How to change language of webpage?

Hi All,Someone or something has changed the language of ebay.com. Now it is in Hungarian, e.g. the product categories. It is terrible! My preferred language is English. I am seraching in English, not Hungarian. How can I set it back to English? Whene...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 24 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer ripped off by an "exchange" offer

I believe a seller ripped me off. I paid for an item which was promised to be supplied upon shipping the bad part to the seller. The cost to ship the item was ca. $63 - tracked as requested. 1. Seller claimed to ship a new board as soon as provided p...

eBay randomly deciding to block my attempt to place a bid.

Today after over 100 purchases over the last two years eBay blocked me with an error message from placing a bid on a critical piece of my collection. this blindsided me and is completely insulting and random as my buyer rating is perfect because I pa...

Seller never shipped

I recently had an unpleasant experience as a buyer because once I paid, the seller created a tracking number and never mailed the item. I waited too long to report it thinking the seller just needed more time but then opened a case and was told I’m p...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Order not found

Hello,I purchased a phone as a guest and received the email saying that it's being shipped. However, when I click on the link to take me to the item, it says order not found. Is there a fix for this?Thank you

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors