Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Changes in category view ?

Hi. Is it just me of did ebay change how items are displayed in the category view?See left (old view) and right (new view).My problem is the missing date/time of the listing.It reduces the usefulness of the "Newly listed" feature and wastes time, sin...

old_ebay_view.png
User avatar by Adventurer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Search by delivery date!

Ebay users NEED to be able to search by delivery date! For many people this is sometimes the most important search criteria, above price and the other available options. PLEASE make it easy to do this!Yes I know the Asian sellers hate this, and I can...

Misrepresented product: Do not buy Ebay gift cards for family and friends!

The print is so small, it's worthy of a Better Business Bureau complaint. Do not purchase "Ebay" gift cards for your friends and family. "Paypal" has experienced numerous information breaches over the past couple of years. Family members who have dea...

Resolved! How do I check for any recent changes made to an auction?

How do I check to see if there have been any changes made to an auction since the auction began ? It used to be that when you viewed an auction you could check for any changes made in the description of the item since the auction started. (Such as me...

New Sellers selling items below the shipping cost

I placed a offer on a item because the item had free shipping from out of the country. After I realized it was from overseas I retracted my offer. Now here is the issue. To ship the item from within the United States cost more than the But It Now pri...

Resolved! Currency Exchange Fees

I've been reading a bit about how paying in different currency works on eBay/PayPal and I'm a bit embarrassed to say I really don't quite understand it. If I may give an example: I'm in the US, the seller is in the UK. I buy something (let's say for ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Making offers

I made an offer on a speaker and now I want to buy full price instead if I buy it full price can the seller still accept my offer cause I don't want to pay double.

Resolved! Feedback extortion or customer satisfaction?

So I have a question as I find this a difficult topic in which there can be grey areas that I feel lots of website and buyers have opinions on but not much is considered about the whole picture. So a buyer purchases something - hoping to use it - but...

ebay does not protect sellers..

purchas an item..no tracking given...he has 28 neg fb in one month...yet ebay allows him to sell and gives no satisfactswers on the phone ry anw

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller requested to cancel transaction after receiving payment, I accepted. How do I get a refund?

Hi Gang, In short, the seller and I agreed not to go through with the sale/transaction, as a means of avoiding dispute. The seller requested to cancel transaction. I accepted. This was AFTER Paypal already charegd my credit card. It's been over two w...

Resolved! High bidder flaked out, is now bidding on my re-listed item

I listed a motorcycle for sale for $1,250 and the high bidder (only bid) flaked out.I went thru the entire ebay process of invoicing the buyer, massaging the buyer thru the system, and reporting the unpaid item.ZERO response. Now, I've re-listed the ...

Suspicious Bidder

I am a seller who had an item up for $6.50. A certain bidder, with a -0 at the end of their ID name and 15 feedbacks indicated by (15), bid the $6.50 then promptly bid 3 more times. I went into their feedback file and it said they became a member in ...

Ebay will not let you refresh your bid within last seconds of snipe bidding. Sad a f!

You cant even bid within the last seconds without refreshing your page because you have ebay telling you "bid can not meet or exceed buy now price" or urgent messages relating to product consumer safety that has NO REVELANCE FOR BIDDING. Stupid..... ...

Seller having problems paying..from nigeria

Long story short I'm selling my cell phone online and the buyer sent me a message saying he had to wait till next week for his check clear to pay for it. An eBay sent him an unpaid resolution dispute and he sent me a message saying that he is having ...

Screenshot_20170806-112106.png Screenshot_20170806-112049.png
  • 17 replies
  • 0 helpful

bidding restriction

Can anyone tell me what is the Time Limit when getting The "Temp. Bidding Restriction" message?

Most Marked as Helpful Authors