Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Camera Lens more worn than advertised

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a used Canon L series lens on eBay. Seller had good feedback, only sold a couple of items, but all was good. I put in an offer for the lens and he accepted. I received the lens, and found it to have much more physica...

Shipping cost

Hello. I have already paid for the item and I do not intend to make a fuss. I just did not pay attention, (my bad) to the shipping costs in the listing. As a former seller, (although for a short time and over a year ago) I can not reconcile the 10.75...

Sellers bidding on their own listing

I thought sellers couldn't bid/buy their own listing! I just finished bidding on an item (a 216g banded agate) for $17.52. It said I didn't win the auction but showed the winning bid was exactly the amount I had bid. A couple minutes later I took ano...

Ebay listing removed, paid for and Shipped

Hey everyone, I recently bought an item on ebay and about a week later, ebay removed the listing and the user was unregistered. The item was paid for and shipped to me, but i have no idea on what to do at this point. Should I just wait until the due ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

never thought i would post on a buying page

Well this is a first for me, im normally posting in the selling section and now im having to post in here. I recently ordered 11 Sega master system games from a seller, they mared as despatched and then on the day they arrived i took the parcel and s...

Item not shipped..sayins listing not found

I bid on and won an item. I promptly paid but it's been over a week and it still isn't marked as shipped. I clicked on the item in my purchases list and it says "listing not found" ...What does this mean?What should I do?

No Update on Package and No Answer from Seller

I apologize if this has been asked before, but this is the first time I have had to deal with this. Last month (Early August) I have ordered a costume from a seller. Besides some tracking number mishaps, I haven't had any problems doing this from any...

Resolved! I used to be able to buy items with the buy-it-now option now it goes directly to checkout instead

This is very annoying, specially when sellers don't have the automatic deduction for shipping or when I'm at an auction and the same seller also has a BIN item, when was this changed? I used to be able to buy it now and pay it later, as a courtesy I'...

Resolved! Need feedback help

Bought a laptop it was delivered DOA, seller was great with helping to fix and when nothing worked authorized a return. But now I want to post good feedback but it is no longer in my ebay page. How do I find how to leave feedback. Thanks Dave

Ebay is removing negative feedbacks on sellers? Bad news.

I trusted the Ebay feedback system. Not any longer. I purchased an item . Four weks later still did not receive it. Asked a polite question to the seller. In response received threats and obsceniies. Left a neg FB. The next day it was removed by Ebay...

• 63 replies
  • 0 helpful

206 Bid Retractions in the last 6 months

The user who retracted his bid for item 182745562397 has 206 bid retractions in the last 6 months. Is there any way to report this? I thought it was against the rules, it's obvious he is just abusing the system to find out what the current high bid i...

bootleg dvds

Been a ebay user since '99. Had no issues till now. Recently I ordered 2 full series sets for what I thought was a good deal...One set came in, these discs are single layer read-error dvds..........I looked online seems like theres a big black market...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors