Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Shill bidding activity, with email and auction screenshots

I think I'm being shilled in an auction that ends in about 11 hours. I've reported it to eBay via the online interface, but I wanted to ask the community and provide screenshots from my email to see if I'm overreacting. It's quite a bit of money, and...

eBay 1-hidden.jpg eBay2-hidden.jpg eBay3-retraction2.jpg ebay3-bidding hidden.jpg
User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Help re: defective item

I purchased a ring which just arrived in the mail.The ring is missing a small accent stone. I went back to the auction to see if the seller mentioned a stone missing but it wasn’t in the item description. However, looking very closely at the photo in...

10 day Handling???

Very rarely do I purchase on-line. When I couldn't find a particular almost out of season item at the local stores, I thought "ebay". Found my item from a big box store. Saw estimated arrival - arrive 1/17 to 1/24. Huh? Oh, they have a 10 day handlin...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 7 replies
  • 1 helpful

Offers loading full price auction

Every single time a seller accepts my offer and I receive the email notification, when clicking the link to pay for the item, it ALWAYS loads the full priced item. A few times I’ve paid the full price only to realize after. So I have to request a can...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

A unique scam we missed until recently...

Granted, we have been around for a long time... 1999 on this account, but can still learn something. Recently, we bid and won an auction on the cheap side with free shipping, but the seller was quick enough to send an invoice that included .99 for sh...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 5 replies
  • 2 helpful

Shill bidding

This seller appears to have a very nice set of shill bidders. The shill bidder info posted below is for the most unbelievable example of it, but there appears to be at least 3 other shill bidders involved on the seller's other listings. ----Bidder "n...

How to rebuy the same items with best offer?

Hello, So thing is. There's this item that costs 60€, after a couple of offers and counter offers we agreed on a price of 50€. I paid for the item and received it and so far so good. Later on I decided to buy more of the same product but the option o...

Ebay won't let me bid on item.

Seller has item for sale and has allowed worldwide bids. However as I don't live in the US it appears there is some blockage on me bidding. Member since 2009 live in NZ. Not hazardous material just a used car part less than $500 USD. EBAY response wh...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 12 replies
  • 1 helpful

Iteam not Recived

Hello Sir, I contact seller for shipping information two times but the seller does not respond me. So please I request you to inform me about the iteam is dispatch by seller or not. If not dispatch please refund my amount as soon as possiable.Best Re...

Resolved! I think a seller is trying to sell stolen property. What do I do?

This dude posted a used Sony A7 for sale and I think he might've obtained it through nefarious means and is selling something that belongs to someone else. Now there are 3 reasons why I believe that the camera he's selling might be stolen: 1) He's se...

USPS Item in Pre-Shipment?

Hello! I ordered something on December 23, 2017 and the seller notified my account that the item was "shipped" on December 26. However, when I look at the USPS tracking status, it says that it's in "Pre-Shipment," which means that USPS is still waiti...

Need help with cancelling an order that a seller allowed me to

Hello,So I'm new to Ebay, and I'm more used to systems like Amazon. Here's the situation, I wanted to figure out the total price including tax and shipping and all that, so I clicked commit to buy not realizing that I was obliged to pay for it. I con...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

HELLO, EBAY/LITHIUM, WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON WITH OLDER TOPICS?

Have any of the regulars noticed the number of older topics that have shown up on the first page of the boards with out being replied to in months? I noticed it yesterday, but didn't have time to bring it up, and I figured the glitch would be correct...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors