Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

I'm Upset!

I would like to know how the heck a sniper can outbid me by $0.01 at the minute of the auction's expiration! I had a max bid of $375.00 for an item and a bid of $375.01 was placed at the exact expiration time. I thought bid increments were in even Do...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyers Buying Question. Is there a Way to Block Certain Sellers?

Is there a Way to Block Certain Sellers from TAKING OVER the search results? As a buyer, I've run into this quite often in this new era of the Big Box Stores. I get exhausted sifting through these sellers thousands of items when Im not interested. It...

Auction with multiple items in description that says 'choose one'

I don't usually buy from sellers that don't have a ton of feedback but an item I have been wanting was posted and I got an alert. The item was part of a series with different characters and the seller listed the auction with several of the characters...

How to Scam Sellers and Ebay condones it...

Buy an item i.e. $100-1000; when you get it notify the seller that you recieved it but it was damaged; Open a return/refun; send a different but similar item back of significantly lower value; get your refund; rinse and repeat. Ebay backs buyers and ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! What do you recommend to do when seller is cheating?

I found interesting deal for ipad. Seller has 100% positive feedback. Feedback mainly is from buying deals. I made the offer for the ipad and seller accepted it. I paid for the item using PayPal on the same day. Right after that strange things starte...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Think I got scammed? Item not shipped and no response.

Purchased an item on July 1 with an estimated delivery date of July 10th. I made sure to check the feedback of the seller before buying and they had a 98.7% with a lot of positive feedback and very little negatives. I went ahead and bought it and wai...

redirects

Kill this annoying eBay ploy. When I click on "See original listing" I get redirected to a similar item, then I have to hit another link. I chose the link because I WANT TO SEE THE ORIGINAL LISTING! I will choose to look somewhere else if I want to d...

No point shopping with ebucks if not an option to redeem during checkout after being awarded them!

Long time user not getting to use my ebucks. Cannot figure out why? Second time around I was awarded them but during checkout not an option to put in a code. Thats almost $13 I could have had total these last 2 times. Should I un-enorll and retry? Ca...

Purchased item, received email the listing no longer available

I just purchase an item thru paypal, and about a half hour later received an email from ebay : "The listing you're interested in is no longer available...We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won due to concerns with t...

Does an order always take the maximum estimated shipping time ?

I've placed an order at the 20th of june. Took till the 4th to get shipped. now the tracking is telling me its gonna take till the 14th of august to arrive. Estimated time was 4th of july till 14th of august. I was thinking positively that it'll arri...

Searches - where have all the items gone

in a search for music records - 45, auction, North America - a search used to throw up 100,000 + items - with the new search it shows just 17,000 !!!!!! Are ebay 'hiding' items from searches, like sellers believe? or are sellers listing elsewhere awa...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! blind bidding

I cannot understand bidders that bid blind. They run the bidding beyond the selling price. I bid on an item and some bidder continued to run the price up. I stopped bidding and purchased the item for several dollars less than what he bid just by look...

• 23 replies
  • 1 helpful

Order cancelled, item relisted for $3 more

I know this happens a lot and I'd love to leave feedback, but the item was removed from Purchase History. Sellers like this one must realize how smarmy this looks and for $3 more in pricing! They really ought to be called on it.

Anyone with the new search layout?

I went to search some items today, and I notice the search layout has changed. I no longer have the option to view 200 items or customize my search setting for example changing the picture to small, large or medium. This new layout is horrible. Anyon...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors