Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Managing tracking numbers with phony destination

Hi all, I recently foolishly purchased something too good to be true. I recognized that this might be a scam, so I went on to these forums to read about what to do. One thing mentioned was tracking numbers from sellers. If they bother to provide one,...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

False advertising

There doesn't appear to be any way to report false advertising to eBay using "report item". There is no category for it that I can see and the way they have it set up, you are forced to make selections from their menu--none of which even come close t...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

General Disappointment in Ebay

I have been an Ebayer since 1999 thats around 20 years. Lately I've been pretty much disgusted with the sellers I've had to deal with and the support from Ebay. I know i have options, and will exercise them, but first i'm going to vent. There are sev...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

resolution a fraud

Here's a good one. I order an item a month ago for $154. Listing claims the item is in Florida. I live in Florida. After a week of nothing buyer says he needs more time. I cancel the order. Discover he is actually in Vietnam and pulled the same stunt...

New bidding format as a buyer

I HATE the new bidding process (as a buyer). Slow screen changes and lack of "coutdown" clock make buying VERY difficult. By the time you've confirmed your bid (on the 2nd screen), well there's ANOTHER screen (the 3rd one) saying you've been outbid &...

What can I do as a buyer (auction winner) if the seller cancel the order?

HiI have just won an auction of an item as the only bidder. The winning bid is £450. I had several correspondences with the seller before submitting the bid and wanted to know if s/he will accept an offer for the listed item. The seller replied that ...

Watchers of listings

When a potential buyer clicks on the "Watcher" button, does that generate a offer sent to the listing seller?

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Rules ?

I find it amusing that some sellers are so dishonest that they will ban any buyer that left them a neg, regardsless of the truth. Why does ebay allow this discrimination against the truth without investigating allegations of wrong doing ?

keyword spamming drives me nuts...

I was trying to search some professional quality watercolor paints on eBay and got a flood of student-grade or PRIMARY-SCHOOL-quality paints... all with the word "professional" in the listing title. Keyword spam Yes, I could search only for the brand...

Can't leave rating for shipping charges when way under what I paid?

I mainly buy and sell sports cards. Sellers charging 3.50 or $4 for shipping then shipping in an envelope for .50. But the option to leave a star rating for shipping costs is not there, like they are getting an automatic 5 star rating? also when buyi...

• 22 replies
  • 0 helpful

What to do - need advice

I know that I punched D cell batteries , but the seller says I purchased C cell and that is what order shows and it appears seller will not make this right. When I was selling on ebay I bent over backward to make a sell right even in the case that th...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Fake profiles biding inmy auctions

Has anybody had a problem with "New Profiles" with no history of buying or selling on eBay out bid everybody in an auction then not paying for the item they won. I have 11 items auctioned off in the last couple of weeks. 5 of which were "won" by new ...

Today's eBay survey 9JAN19

I received this survey today to make Ebay better. A few general questions about things I looked at and my age and gender.I wanted to make a suggestion for Ebay Motors vehicles for sale. My suggestion is a button to view "private party only" vehicles....

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors