Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Canadians Screwed on Commit to Buy

So, found a sweet book I definitely want. Have no problem committing to buy, going to pay for it right there. Check the shipping, says intrnational rates may vary. I'm in Canada, the item is in the US. I'm a US citizen, I know how much of a not hassl...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 6 replies
  • 1 helpful

A Buying Limit? Don't worry!

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/buying-limits-restrictions/buying-limits-restrictions?id=4012 So you just joined ebay and are ready to buy! Great, welcome! You can find almost anything you would want here. But you may run into, at first, buying limi...

Fraudulent invoice from removed listing

I lost an auction on a cheap very small item listed as free shipping, or thought I did, after which I got an invoice in my 'my ebay' saying that I actually won it for 1 cent, but they added a six dollar shipping charge that I could not remove from th...

Meaningless price ranges have completely ruined ebay and made competitive price shopping impossible

I've been using ebay for perhaps 15 years mostly as a buyer and every time I come back I'm amazed that it has gotten even worse. The main reason I believe anyone shops on ebay is to find the best price on an item. This is no longer possible as almost...

Resolved! Payment went to wrong email and I’m suspicious

Hello, yesterday I won a bid and payed using PayPal like normal. I then got a alert about a suspicious purchase from PayPal. after a while the seller contacted me and said that the payment went to the wrong email and sure enough the payment was uncla...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Watched Items

I have been selling for about 6 years; in that time my number of watched items has increased to about 50 on average, going has high as 80 items. About 3 months ago, my watch list started to increase from about 50 to 135 items where it stands today. O...

How Do I Know if a Non-Paying Bidder has Strikes

I have a bidder with zero feedback from the Netherlands and this person already changed their Ebay name. How can I know if this person has previous non-paying strikes against them? I have had buyers with zero feedback pay on time but I think when it ...

Resolved! Item ordered but not sent

Hello. All. I have purchased item 3 days ago, but seller did not marked item as shipped yet, nor he is answering on my messages. What should I do ? I would like just to get refund and buy it from another seller, but I see no option for this. To open ...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

ebay gift cards

I have just been scammed by some one who went through the trouble of forging documents and preparing emails to make it look authentic well i received all the information and purchased the ebay gift cards, had I not have known that ebay cant trace the...

re dance dance revolution dance pads for wii and wiiu

https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_Wii_inject_compatibility_listhttps://vod.ebay.com/vod/FetchOrderDetails?sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AVPS&itemid=293112269682&transid=1701369268019 This guy john sold me this system for my Wii and apparently it even h...

Remember the good old days, when you would get a eBay Bucks notice in Messages.

Remember when the eBay Bucks coupons were issued and you would get a notice in your Messages?Remember the good old days when finding your eBay bucks wasn't like looking for a Easter Egg in a 2003 DVD menu?Remember when you had an available eBay Bucks...

Resolved! Fake SD Cards, Cancels Order, Seller Refunds

Yeah I know. I've bought SD cards off eBay before and have had fake cards on a few occasions now. This was a 256gb Sandisk Micro SD for sell at $70 basically. That's a steal of a deal right? Seller had low feedback around 15 or so and it was all 100%...

• 18 replies
  • 2 helpful

Need insight regarding odd return/refund situation

I've returned a few items on eBay before and it's always been pretty simple and clear. My current situation has me a little confused, so I'd like some clarification if anyone is willing to help. I recently purchased a 3DS game. Item arrived late and ...

Action needed: pay US $ to complete your purchase for......

How insulting do you find these constant messages ONE day following an auction win from ebay? In reality i often have more bids still running on other items from the same seller, whom i normally deal with. Also at times i have several items from the ...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 16 replies
  • 4 helpful

High Feedback user can remove negative feedback!

The last six purchases I have made on eBay, have been horrible. These purchases have all been in the last year. One in particular, was a $300 item that was no where close to accurately described. I opened a claim indicating it was not as described - ...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors