Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Leaving a product review? Not showing?

Hello, I purchased an item for my car from a seller. I was courteous enough but the seller had not been throughout the process. First they told me missinformation about the product and then when I made an offer for the item they accepted my offer but...

Rust & Pitting 2.jpg Rust & Pitting.jpg Rust & Pitting 3.jpg

seller refund

I was approved a refund, I am the buyer, on dec 13th 2019I called every day, spoke to several departmentsWas told by several deptartment refund was apporved money wil be allocated back into my paypalnow 2064 hours later I was told case denied.Can I t...

State Sales Tax Question

After reading about the sales tax debacle I have to ask this question. Who has the sales tax that I paid with my purchase? Does Ebay have it or does the seller have it? I ask this question because sales tax was withheld from my purchase on an exempt ...

Windows 10 Pro -- Scam???

I purchased a Windows 10 Pro key from a seller, and it would not work on my Windows 7 computer. He said I needed to buy Windows 10 first. I thought the key was to upgrade to Windows 10. In Windows 7, the only option I see is to use the Windows Anytim...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Unable to collect my parcel from my click & collect location

I won an auction and I selected a click & collection location for my delivery address. The item's arrived but I haven't received a code so I'm unable to collect it which is extremely frustrating. Royal Mail tracking shows the item to be delivered as ...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Repoductions/Fakes Antiques and Collectibles on Ebay

I have dealt in Antiques and Collectibles in one form or another for over 30 years+ including Flea Markets and owning my own Shop and like ALL Dealers I still get stung by a bad buy, it is a constant learning experience. My concern is the rabidly gro...

• 13 replies
  • 6 helpful

Fake seller accounts

I recently got caught out on a scam where I purchased an new powertool at at price to good to be true. (Silly I know) Thing that got me was the seller used pictures from a reputable uk Ebay seller with their trademark on the picture. After my purchas...

Seller didn't ship the item and ignoring message

Bought yeezy 700 shoes last week, seller update the tracking number but only label created and not working since 12.24.19. Seller ignoring message and I tried to send with other account and answer it.Is it okay to open a case that I didn't receive th...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

over a week with 0 response or update from the seller, auction states 2 days handling time..

Hello, on 22/Dec I've purchased a 2nd hand item for 355$ with the buy it now option.I've paid with Paypal which means immediate payment clearance.The auction states 2 days shipment handling time after clear payment. Shipping service Economy Int'l Ver...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Excessive Sales Tax Charges

I just don’t understand why I am being charged Sales Tax when people are selling junk out of their garage. If it were a retail purchase than I could understand that. Also it seems to me that Sales Tax is added to the Ebay Commission. When I calculate...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Horrible deceiving sellers on the rise.

Its getting pretty bad with several sellers. The don't ship for a week and half or more. One lied and didn't actually have the product he sold me. I got refund. He emailed me through Ebay saying he found the item and he would give me 5 bucks off. Are...

Resolved! are the days of winning cheap ebay auctions gone?

There once was a time when you could win an auction at a steal on ebay but....Lately there has been a disturbing trend with my won auctions that if i do win an auction with a low bid the seller simply cancells the transaction and refunds my money cla...

Resolved! new to ebay and made a mistake

hi theregot an offer from an item i had in my watch list//basket and i clicked on it to review it, thought it seemed sound and didn’t realise how much the shipping was (£24) and now i don’t really know what to do? can i cancel it even though it says ...

buying item for which return not accepted but covered by money back gurantee

i want to by an item for which the offer have return not accepted but covered by money back guranteed .seller for item have 100% feedback but only one of them as seller , i asked him to send me a real life photo for the listing , but he said he can't...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors