cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bE CAREFUL OF SELLERS SELLING MERCEDES CARPLAY FOR NTG4.5

Sent me a fake, faulty item that cost me $265 ... have found out from manufacturr that it is fake.Have reported to ebay but heard nothing also sent almost 25 emails to seller for refund, they keep promising but nothing , what to do?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Did you open a return as not as described or are you just messaging the seller? If you are just messaging the seller that's not how to get a refund. 
This is how it works…

Go into your purchase history, click the drop down menu it will say MORE ACTIONS. Click it to find RETURN THIS ITEM.

Next click doesn’t match pictures or description. Sellers pay for return.

You may be required to upload a picture, after that you can click submit, complete return. 
Your seller has 2 business days to issue a return label or refund, if by the 3rd business day you don’t receive a return label or refund. You can go back to the case and that’s when you can ask eBay to step in. 

When the seller accepts your return, issues you a label, you have to return the item. Once the return has been delivered to the seller, the seller has 2 business days to refund. If that doesn't happen on  the 3rd business day you can ask eBay to step in for assistance.
Good luck. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

If it has been less then 30 days from when you received it: Stop emailing the seller, open a not a described return, it's all automated. Please read the Money Back and use it.  Over on the right side in purchase, open more actions, return item, go down to not as described and start the process. The seller will send a label for return shipping. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@melly674 

You can file a Return Request on Ebay up to 30 from date of delivery.

• Go to your Purchase History, find the item, and under “More actions” click on “Return item” and select the reason for the return. “does not match description". Attach a photo.
  • The seller will have 3 business days to either accept the return and provide a prepaid return shipping label OR refund without having you return the item.
  • If they don't do either, you can go back to your Return Request details 4 business days after you filed the Request and ask Ebay to step in.

Good luck!

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Hi there he took the option to return off and also review option as it was 5 weeks from buying... IT took me a week to install and then started complaining.. soon after this. I sent a email to e-bay regarding this seller apparently he is renowned for this behaviour AND REPORTED A FAKE AND FAULTY ITEM. I just wish they would stop him from being on E-Bay... I will never buy off ebay again as that is $265 down the drain. I have now bought from reputable buyer and it works perfectly.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@melly674 wrote:

Hi there he took the option to return off and also review option as it was 5 weeks from buying... IT took me a week to install and then started complaining.. soon after this. I sent a email to e-bay regarding this seller apparently he is renowned for this behaviour AND REPORTED A FAKE AND FAULTY ITEM. I just wish they would stop him from being on E-Bay... I will never buy off ebay again as that is $265 down the drain. I have now bought from reputable buyer and it works perfectly.

@melly674 

It is not possible for the seller to take "the option to return off".  Ebay's Money Back Guarantee overrides the seller's "No returns" policy.

Did you file the Return Request within 30 days from date of delivery?

When the seller did not cooperate did you ask Ebay to step in to help you?

*lady*madonna*

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

He kept me waiting with no response and dragged out the process  so it went over 30 days  then offered a percentage back which I refused, I also offered to send back the item so that he could replace and willing to give them a chance, would not provide a return address at all .. kept saying the address would be sent , which never was. I even tracked down where it came from with Australia Post and it was some random address in Burwood NSW. I let Afterpay know and also eBay and told him I had reported him, he then said he refunded money and to give him 3-4 days which i did and now 4 weeks later nothing,... I send him an email nearly every day but no answer....he is a fraud.

I have reported again to E-bay today. arghhhhhh so had it.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@melly674 

Since you waited too long and allowed the seller to drag this out, the 30 day Money Back Guarantee  expired and Ebay will not be able to help you.

You can file a dispute through Paypal if you used Paypal or contact your payment source.

Also, just FYI, this is the Ebay U.S. site. Since you are located in Australia, in the future it would be best to seek assistance on the Ebay Australia website.

https://www.ebay.com.au/

*lady*madonna*

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

You should be able to name and shame these crooks everywhere, but you live and learn, and I will never, ever buy something off e-bay again.

I have never had a problem but was conned this time.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@melly674 wrote:

You should be able to name and shame these crooks everywhere, but you live and learn, and I will never, ever buy something off e-bay again.

@melly674 

Not all Ebay sellers are "crooks". Most sellers are respectable.

You could have received a refund very easily.

You have up to 60 days to leave feedback.

*lady*madonna*

Message 10 of 10
latest reply