cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

as a buyer if i'm happy with a purchase isnt a POSITIVE click good enough ?

I've agreed to a purchase, bought and received the item as described-then in feedback cant i just click on the "POSITIVE" tab and call it done ? or maybe i could type Thanks in the note field? 

I dont want to wast my time rateing the item i bought , or rate details of the transaction or  rate the shipping or add pictures ect... 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You don't have to leave anything at all... feedback is voluntary.   

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

You don't have to leave anything at all... feedback is voluntary.   

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

F/b isn't necessary...but it's nice.  I've gotten lots of nice, wordy comments--- to thumbs up, to smiles, to just "thx".  I appreciate them all...and having a buyer leave f/b encourages me to leave that buyer f/b. As a seller, I'm not crazy about leaving f/b unless it's left for me. 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

How long does it take to make a few remarks with your feedback?

Probably not as long as it took you to write your post here.  

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

just a + is just fine.

Hit the (+) , or just a (.)

Seller will appreciate the uptick in their total # of their + feedbacks.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Hi @hiser_industries 

I think we need to type at least 12 characters (as a comment) to be able to leave the feedback.  

You can compose a general positive comment … and then copy & paste that comment whenever applicable.

Leaving photos and marking ‘stars’ is totally optional … as is leaving feedback at all.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Oops, maybe more than just a (+) is needed. Had seen that so much in the past that I did not even think about changes that may be requiring more.

I use "save comments" to leave feedback for my buyers. click, click, click, done

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Come to think of it … I recall seeing ‘3 dashes’ as a comment recently … so there might not be a minimum.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I think the minimum is 1

In the recent past I have received feedback

with 3 characters (2 of them)

with 2 characters

with a single thumbs up emoji

with a single period

The single period seems to be the most used with a dash being #2 (I'm not going through a couple of decades of feedback to analyze).

When eBay removes a feedback comment (just the comment) they replace it with a dash.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@hiser_industries,

There is nothing wrong with the "Thank You"  feedback comment you have been leaving for over a year now.  Clicking on Star ratings, Writing long messages or adding photos are not required in order  to leave a feedback. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

yeah i've tried that on a couple transactions this week and it wont allow me to complete the process. 

(clicked POSITIVE, then wrote a thank you in the note field.. the bottom tab 'LEAVE FEEDBACK' that would normally turn blue now is still grayed out. so i'm guessing its wanting somthing more from me whether its adding some stars  or somthing ?

(i also thought maybe the listing or site was just glitchy -but ive attempted it a few times now and no go.)

idk- probably not big deal.( appreciate you giving imput.)

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@hiser_industries 

< cant i just click on the "POSITIVE" tab and call it done ? or maybe i could type Thanks in the note field? >   

Yes, you can do that.  It might have been easier, and more satisfying, to have simply tried it to see if it would work, rather than coming to the forum to ask. 

Isn't it ironic, that eBay now is asking for a product review in the feedback, whereas in the past they have always said that feedback was not the appropriate place for product reviews. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Indeed it is!  Brave new world, I guess.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@hiser_industries wrote:

I dont want to wast my time rateing the item i bought , or rate details of the transaction or  rate the shipping or add pictures ect... 

then don't

feedback is not compulsory

Message 14 of 14
latest reply