cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't American buyers purchase at a virtual address in a non-tax state such as New Hampshire?

Why don't American buyers purchase at a virtual address in a non-tax state such as New Hampshire and then ask the USPS to forward it to their real address so they can avoid value added taxes while purchasing?

me myself i have a tax ID so i can avoid it

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: Why don't American buyers purchase at a virtual address in a non-tax state such as New Hampshire

dakbat61_1-1714677535931.png

so what is this??
i am in California 
sure i use a tax ID to avoid..
but what is this tax if you don't pay?
i ask many friends to check on their side 
all similar VAT

Message 31 of 53
latest reply

Re: Why don't American buyers purchase at a virtual address in a non-tax state such as New Hampshire

@dakbat-61 wrote:

dakbat61_1-1714677535931.png

so what's this tax? i am in California

$51.15 / $499.00 = 0.1025 = 10.25% California sales tax (state plus local/municipal sales tax).

https://www.avalara.com/taxrates/en/state-rates/california.html

lacemaker3_2-1714844199585.png

https://www.fonoa.com/blog/the-american-exception-why-the-us-has-no-vat-system

lacemaker3_1-1714844005016.png

Message 32 of 53
latest reply

I don't even know what a virtual address is, in any case, I don't break laws for money at any opportunity just because I might get away with it. 

Message 33 of 53
latest reply

@dakbat-61 

You claim to be in California but you don't know that most Californian counties, cities and towns charge local sales tax on top of the state sales tax?

Message 34 of 53
latest reply

You already have a tax exemption certificate? It usually takes 3 months to obtain one in Cali 😶

Message 35 of 53
latest reply

OP keeps referring to a 'tax id'  (to me that means  a TIN), which is something else entirely. OP may not be aware of the difference and incorrectly thinks their TIN means they are exempt from Sales Tax . Especially as eBay seemed to be adding Sales Tax to their order. 

It's hard to tell as the story seems to change. 

Message 36 of 53
latest reply

@frankenhobbit, @gone.c-33, @itemresa,

OP has said in other posts that they are asking (relaying/translating) questions on behalf of other people who don't speak English well enough to ask themselves.

So it appears that all of their questions should be taken to be rhetorical, hypothetical, or in other words, made up. In that light, I don't think any of the details that they provide can be considered to be reliable. They're made up to suit the hypothetical situation du jour. That's why the details are so often contradictory.

Message 37 of 53
latest reply

@lacemaker3 

Well told.  I think all should just ignore this clown from now on.  An absolute waste of everyone's time. 

Message 38 of 53
latest reply

@dakbat-61 wrote:

yes , people are just like that and they will never change 
look at Americans 
They buy the $100 normal bill not a unique or anything for $135 on eBay
Then you come to talk about me.. Go to these crazy people first and then come to me

We have already explained that to you in your previous post.

Message 39 of 53
latest reply

yes i use a friend's tax ID

Message 40 of 53
latest reply

i will show you now what i mean by proof :

here through a friend's account without tax id : 
dakbat61_1-1714677535931 (1).png

and here using a tax id same item same address same states everything same :
Capturegggggggggg.JPG
hope is clear

Message 41 of 53
latest reply

so what is this 
before tax id :
after tax id : 
Capturegggggggggg.JPG
can you explain this kind of VAT?

Message 42 of 53
latest reply

what is this tax?
which i use a friend's tax id to avoid : 
Capturegggggggggg.JPG

Message 43 of 53
latest reply

no tax?
so what is this?
which i use a friend's tax id to avoid see :
Capturegggggggggg.JPG
what do you think 😃

Message 44 of 53
latest reply

There's nothing good about taxation in 2024.  If more Americans woke up to how things were before the Income Tax and Property Taxes were introduced permanently we could get back to those days.  The amount of waste and spending our government does both state and federal is disgusting. 

But that's just me.

Message 45 of 53
latest reply