cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does eBay sucks so much now.

I mean, did they hire people to destroy eBay?  Just to do any simple little task, I have to click, and click, and click, and hope I get lucky and find what I am trying to achieve. 

eBay is a perfect example of fixing something that isn’t broken.  It’s a new experience every month. Maybe eBay should save some money and layoff 90% of their staff. 

maybe Amazon will buy eBay. 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

@magickits.com,

"eBay is a perfect example of fixing something that isn’t broken. It’s a new experience every month. Maybe eBay should save some money and layoff 90% of their staff".

They did lay off about 9% of their staff a month or so back.  Unfortunately, their new hires, over the last several years, seem to be people who do not have much experience with ebay, and their bosses don't seem to understand what built the site into what it was, in the first place. 

Otherwise, why make something simple like just getting to a member's feedback profile page take more than one click.  Once there one has to decide whether to see most recent feedback as opposed to "Most relevant" that is now the default landing  sorting, when it really isn't.

"maybe Amazon will buy eBay".

I sincerely hope that never happens. Amazon has its own set of problems, and the last thing we need is combining them with the ebay ones.  It would probably cost the site most of its lower volume sellers almost immediately if the two companies were to merge. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

I agree, Amazon should never own eBay, I feel like Amazon is putting so many companies out of business, I just threw that in because it’s just another frustration. 

I was only looking to see “what” and “when” I sold an item and eBay, and I just gave up looking. I can see all the stuff I bought in a couple clicks but (heaven forbid), I want to see what I sold! Wow.

Thanks for listening.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Amazon will never buy Ebay. Ebay does not appear on their strategy. It is not a competitor nor is it in a business they want.

Amazon is in the mass market retail products business. It has de-emphasized all of its one of a kind categories and made products which fit them more difficult to sell because of its counterfeit elimination initiatives which lack exceptions for collectible items.

Many of the used products sold on Ebay could not be listed on Amazon.

The changes sellers have hated since the days of Meg Whitman were changes to make Ebay more like Amazon.

Ebay continues to make changes to enhance buyer safety, which offend many sellers. I await with some dread what Ebay does to counter the false shipment address scams which are recurring in threads on this forum.

I have a lot of items listed and do not encounter any difficulties with the mechanics of listing and selling on Ebay. Either I am very lucky, or more adaptable than sellers who do.

I have no problem dealing with the automated policy and problem handling. Maybe it is the years I sold on Amazon which is a pioneer on running a site by bot.

But I have applied decades of experience to not listing anything here that is going to generate high hassle sales to high maintenance customers. And no matter how irrational I think Ebay policies might be, I avoid conflict with them, knowing that they will not change based on anything I can do.

For the casual, infrequent seller, selling online is probably easiest with Facebook Marketplace or Craig's List. And I would not count on Facebook Marketplace to remain as it is.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

There were some rumblings that X (Twitter) was looking to get into something similar to Ebay.

I would love to see that happen and wonder how it would impact the industry. + or -

Ebay is not perfect in any sorts but i still think its the best one out there currently. IMHO

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

@chevymontecarlo88 wrote:

There were some rumblings that X (Twitter) was looking to get into something similar to Ebay.

I would love to see that happen and wonder how it would impact the industry. + or -

Ebay is not perfect in any sorts but i still think its the best one out there currently. IMHO

Oh my lort, one can only imagine what Elon will do with it. 😨😳

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

At least at eBay buyers kinda know what country there items are coming from...although quite a few sell on eBay and items come from Amazon. Buyers can see seller ID eBay country.

Amazon has a number of sellers selling items in the USA from live in other countries. Which might make returning something not as easy.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Healthy competition always better than monopoly…

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Maybe Elon going to get rid of incompetence on this site..p.s. ..he didn’t inherit his money..🧐

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Returning on Amazon to the third party sellers, in the case of the problem, is way way easier than on eBay…and sellers value their presence on Amazon…

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

seller hub>

orders>   (past 90 days)

scroll down to view

or if beyond 90 days.

seller hub>

hover on payments- click on all transactions>

click on all types>

click on order>

click on last 90 days>

set custom dating >

yup, some clicks, but actually pretty simple. Scroll down till you see the item.

over on the right click view>

there's the 411

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

@msha3839 wrote:

Maybe Elon going to get rid of incompetence on this site..p.s. ..he didn’t inherit his money..🧐

So he destroyed Twitter now he should come after eBay?

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Can you give more examples of what you would like to see ebay doing to improve ?

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@kathiec wrote:

@msha3839 wrote:

So he destroyed Twitter now he should come after eBay?

I don't think the idea was for him to buy Ebay but start/add some type of selling platform on X(Twitter). Like or Dislike the guy, competition would cause changes on other selling platforms. IMHO

X has a lot of users so having users join would already be baked into it adding it as another function of the platform.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

"I was only looking to see “what” and “when” I sold an item and eBay, and I just gave up looking. I can see all the stuff I bought in a couple clicks but (heaven forbid), I want to see what I sold! Wow."

You are not familiar with Sellers Hub?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 15 of 22
latest reply