cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the exact deadline for requesting a refund?

I purchased an item from Hungary on August 13. It was posted August 16. I have not yet received it. The auction page shows that the item is covered by eBay's purchase guarantee.

The auction page shows estimated delivery between Thursday October 26 and Friday November 3.

The My Purchases page shows estimated delivery between August 20 and August 28 (for an item from Hungary to Canada!).

On the Feedback page, item received should be by September 13.

I opened a refund request and eBay tells me the item is not covered by their purchase guarantee. Is this because I am too late according to the estimated delivery date on the My Purchase page, or too early because of the estimated delivery date on the auction page?

Many thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

It is the date of the item purchased...August 20-28. You get 30 days to file for a refund.

If it was delivered late you may use that date...if you received it after August 28th with tracking.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Yes, you are too late.  The auction page is active, and shows the delivery estimate if you purchase the item today.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hi @comfrey 

The estimated delivery dates you see on the auction page show the dates if you had purchased the item today.

Although it’s too late to file a claim with eBay … you’re still able to request a refund from either PayPal or your credit card company.  

If tracking isn’t showing any movement of the package … then take action now … maybe considering repaying the seller if your item eventually arrives and is ‘as described’.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The 30 day period you have to file a not received or not as described starts on the estimated delivery date you were given when you paid (check your "Order confirmation" email).  The listing shows the estimated date if you pay today.  You Purchase History estimated date might have been changed (earlier or later) when the carrier issued or updated its estimate.  The date you were given when you paid is what controls (exception:  if tracking shows delivery it is the EARLIER of the estimated delivery or the actual delivery).

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks everyone. I received an refund from Paypal.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

And you need to read or re-read the information contained in the Money Back Guarantee.

If you've not received your item by the last estimated delivery date as seen in the listing, you have 30 days from that date to open an item not received case.  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply