cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is the earliest I can get a refund of the item isn’t shipped?

So I bought a VR headstrap 3 days ago, and it hasn’t been shipped yet. 3 days isn’t a long time, but I decided to check the listing again to figure out when I can expect it. But then I noticed that the seller had a low review score with many buyers saying they never received their item, and the seller never responded to messages. I sent him a message asking when I can expect it to be shipped, but he hasn’t responded yet—but it still hasn’t been 24 hours.

Mainly what I want to know is, if he doesn’t respond or skip the item, when is the soonest I can ask to cancel the order and have it refunded. I know it hasn’t been very long since I bought it, but I’d like to know what my options are instead of scrambling here 2 days before the eBay money back guarantee deadline, and the reviews are having me worried already.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You can file an "item not received" claim as early as the day after the last estimated delivery date shown in your Purchase History. The seller will have three business days to provide tracking that shows delivery; after that you can ask eBay to step in and refund you.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-items-not-received-refunds-buyers/get-help-item-hasnt-arriv...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You can file an "item not received" claim as early as the day after the last estimated delivery date shown in your Purchase History. The seller will have three business days to provide tracking that shows delivery; after that you can ask eBay to step in and refund you.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-items-not-received-refunds-buyers/get-help-item-hasnt-arriv...

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

In the listing, there was an estimated delivery date.  You saw that date when you made your purchase and it appeared satisfactory for your needs.

If/when that date arrives and you have not received it, you can open an item not received case the next day.

Incidentally, sellers are not required to respond to inquiries about when they're going to ship.  A seller's responsibility at this point is to ship so that the buyer receives his purchase by the EDD as seen in the listing.  eBay's MBG for buyers details clearly what the buyer's options are at that point.  It  should probably be noted here that most of us give the package at least a few days after the EDD because of the current disaster that's the USPS.  

Don't exactly understand your timeline here.  You made your purchase 3 days ago.  How are you "scrambling here 2 days before the money back guarantee deadline . . ." if you only made your purchase 3 days ago?

Again, per the MBG, any buyer has 30 days after that last estimated delivery date to open an item not received case with eBay, so, if your purchase was 3 days ago, the MBG deadline should not be anything close to 2 days from now.  

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@artgen-94 wrote: ... then I noticed that the seller had a low review score with many buyers saying they never received their item ...  if he doesn’t respond or skip the item, when is the soonest I can ask to cancel the order and have it refunded ... I’d like to know what my options are instead of scrambling here 2 days before the eBay money back guarantee deadline...

You cannot literally "ask to cancel the order"; as noted in the other posts, you have to file a claim for "Item not received" and you can do that on the day after the latest estimated delivery date.  

The count for the 30-day deadline to file that INR claim begins on the estimated delivery date, so there should be no need for "scrambling." I'm sure that you have learned your lesson about checking a seller's feedback before purchasing.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@artgen-94 

< So I bought a VR headstrap ... then I noticed that the seller had a low review score >    

You'll be okay because of the Money Back Guarantee, but I suggest you start checking for a seller's "low review score" before you make the purchase, not after.  By the way, what you're talking about is called Feedback, reviews are something else. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

In the listing, there was an estimated delivery date.  You saw that date when you made your purchase and it appeared satisfactory for your needs.

If/when that date arrives and you have not received it, you can open an item not received case the next day.

Incidentally, sellers are not required to respond to inquiries about when they're going to ship.  A seller's responsibility at this point is to ship so that the buyer receives his purchase by the EDD as seen in the listing.  eBay's MBG for buyers details clearly what the buyer's options are at that point.  It  should probably be noted here that most of us give the package at least a few days after the EDD because of the current disaster that's the USPS.  

Don't exactly understand your timeline here.  You made your purchase 3 days ago.  How are you "scrambling here 2 days before the money back guarantee deadline . . ." if you only made your purchase 3 days ago?

Again, per the MBG, any buyer has 30 days after that last estimated delivery date to open an item not received case with eBay, so, if your purchase was 3 days ago, the MBG deadline should not be anything close to 2 days from now.  

As in: I’m asking now, instead of later

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

And I am replying now.  Why do you need to "scramble"?  As explained, you have 30 days past that last estimated delivery date to open the item not received case.  

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Why are you making such a big point out of a single phrase I used. I already explained what I meant by it. It’s also wild to me you’re taking an issue over my post because “it was already explained that you have 30 days…” when that explanation was given AFTER I made my post.

btw you don’t have to announce that you’re making a reply, they’re not that special

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Thank you so much for your response.  

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Ever heard the saying you get more flies with honey than vinegar?

Don't disrespect posters who give their time freely to assist others.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 10 of 10
latest reply