cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens if the seller ships on the exact expected delivery date?

Ok. So I've been wanting to ask a question through ebay for awhile now. Now I hardly ever use ebay,  prefer Amazon due to customer service,  fast delivery, etc, and most importantly returns always accepted, unlike ebay

Anyways, my question is simple, I ordered an item on November 4. Today is November 20th. The expected delivery date was November 12 to November 20. I contacted the seller nearly twice, asking him days ago "hey just wanted to check up, etc ". Few days go by and nothing, no tracking, no shipped, etc, so I start to get worried. Then I message him again and say "hey it hasn't shipped". This seller is ridiculous,  he didn't even apologize for anything.  So my question is, I was expecting this package as the max date to be today, and he only just shipped the package YESTERDAY **bleep** THAT'S RIDICULOUS.  I really needed this item so I still want it but what happens if he shipped this item WAY TOO LATE, HE'S SHIPPING IT ON THE DAY IT'S EXPECTED TO ARRIVE. WHAT DOES EBAY DO? WHAT CAN I DO AS THE BUYER? DOES ANYTHING HAPPEN? Is there anything I can do? Does this go against some violation where a buyer receives a refund or something?

Message 1 of 79
latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

@ch_385555 Just follow the procedures for an item not received case now that the estimated date of delivery has passed. Go to your purchase history and select the item. Mark it as item not received and follow the prompts. That is all you can do. No need to send more messages to this seller. Best of luck to you....

Message 2 of 79
latest reply

You may like eBay, but yet failed to know how eBay operates. It has an excellent buyers money back guarantee. If item is not delivered by the expected delivery date, you can file for item not received case the day after and seller will have to refund you. Please read into it. 

If seller does not respond, after 4 days you can ask eBay to step in, and most likely they will refund automatically. 

Message 3 of 79
latest reply

Ok I get that but what happens, do I receive a refund and still receive the item? I still need the item but I'm frustrated because I really needed that item days ago and now it'd arriving so freaking late. It's ridiculous 

Message 4 of 79
latest reply

Yes I do understand ebay CALM DOWN. if you read the previous reply, they said the same thing. All I want to know is even if I ask for a refund, will I still receive the item or not? It's simple to answer. I still need the item but I'm frustrated because I needed that item days ago

Message 5 of 79
latest reply

You can file a not received claim. The seller will have 3 days to rspond.  eBay may force  them to refund if they can't prove delivery or they could see in the tracking it's  moving and allow a few extra days to see if it gets delivered. If the seller was impacted by Hurricane Ian or Nicole is a reason they might allow the seller extra time to ship.

Message 6 of 79
latest reply

What I want to know is WILL I STILL RECEIVE THE ITEM AND RECEIVE A REFUND TOO? I still need the item but I needed that days ago. He just shipped it yesterday and I placed the order on November 4th. The expected delivery date said November 12-november 20. It's Nov 20 today and he just shipped it just yesterday 

Message 7 of 79
latest reply

Do NOT open a case if you see that the item already shows movement. Opening a case will resolve nothing since the item is in transit.   The seller will be penalized for shipping late. A few more of those and they can be suspended or ebay might charge them higher fees on their sold items.

I am thinking that perhaps your seller is a drop shipper and he had to order the item , get it and then ship it to you.  You have to wait for the item to arrive. Hopefully, it was described well and arrives fine. If not, open an item NOT as described case.

Message 8 of 79
latest reply

Sorry I didn't mean to send that message to you just copied and pasted to the other replies. You are actually more friendly so thank you

Message 9 of 79
latest reply

You can NOT keep the item and the refund too.  That is theft.  Did you get a tracking number and does it show movement?  If yes, do NOT open an item NOT received case.  If you do, the seller can call ebay and tell them the tracking # and ask for a few extra days for the item to arrive.  Ebay will see movement and most likely will extend the time that the seller has to refund.   So you need to be patient.   

One thing that I have learned, whenever I need something promptly, that is going to be the box that gets shipped late or mis-routed or just takes a long time to arrive.  When you buy online, stuff happens.

It is unethical to expect to keep an item that has been refunded. Should  you get the refund before the box arrives, the correct thing to do is refuse the box and  write , " Return to Sender" and drop it off at the post office.

Message 10 of 79
latest reply

Yeah I didn't open a case, I NEVER MENTIONED THAT. All I want to know is what happens, maybe you and other didn't understand my questions clearly. I placed an item on November 4th. Expected date said November 12-november 20th. I messaged him twice, he replied back no later than a day later each time. I don't want to cancel the item because I need that item, BUT I NEEDED THAT ITEM DAYS AGO. HE JUST SHIPPED MY ITEM YESTERDAY THE 19TH WHICH IS EXTREMELY LATE BECAUSE I WAS EXPECTING IT TO ARRIVE TODAY WHEN HE SHIPS ON THE DAY IM EXPECTING TO RECEIVE IT. DO I GET THE ITEM AND REFUND TOO OR WHAT HAPPENS? DO I NEED TO DO ANYTHING? THAT'S ALL I WANT TO KNOW

Message 11 of 79
latest reply

Yeah I didn't open a case, I NEVER MENTIONED THAT. All I want to know is what happens, maybe you and other didn't understand my questions clearly. I placed an item on November 4th. Expected date said November 12-november 20th. I messaged him twice, he replied back no later than a day later each time. I don't want to cancel the item because I need that item, BUT I NEEDED THAT ITEM DAYS AGO. HE JUST SHIPPED MY ITEM YESTERDAY THE 19TH WHICH IS EXTREMELY LATE BECAUSE I WAS EXPECTING IT TO ARRIVE TODAY WHEN HE SHIPS ON THE DAY IM EXPECTING TO RECEIVE IT. DO I GET THE ITEM AND REFUND TOO OR WHAT HAPPENS? DO I NEED TO DO ANYTHING? THAT'S ALL I WANT TO KNOW. 

Message 12 of 79
latest reply

I NEVER MENTIONED THAT. All I want to know is what happens, maybe you and other didn't understand my questions clearly. I placed an item on November 4th. Expected date said November 12-november 20th. I messaged him twice, he replied back no later than a day later each time. I don't want to cancel the item because I need that item, BUT I NEEDED THAT ITEM DAYS AGO. HE JUST SHIPPED MY ITEM YESTERDAY THE 19TH WHICH IS EXTREMELY LATE BECAUSE I WAS EXPECTING IT TO ARRIVE TODAY WHEN HE SHIPS ON THE DAY IM EXPECTING TO RECEIVE IT. DO I GET THE ITEM AND REFUND TOO OR WHAT HAPPENS? DO I NEED TO DO ANYTHING? THAT'S ALL I WANT TO KNOW. 

Message 13 of 79
latest reply

That question cannot be answered, YET. File an item not received case tomorrow. If it arrives within 4 days from then, you will not receive a refund. If it doesn't arrive after 4 days ask eBay to step in. At that point they may give you a refund or they may give the seller a few more days if the tracking shows it's still moving. So the answer is NO ONE KNOWS. You have to wait and see.

Message 14 of 79
latest reply

To answer your question yes they will get a defect for Shipping it so late.

Once you get your item maybe leave a neutral feedback.  Try not to sound angry just state the facts of how long it took them to ship your item. From my understanding neutral feedbacks are harder for them to remove than negative ones.  The less emotions you have in your Feedback and the more you simply state facts the less likely it can be removed.

As sellers on eBay sometimes we get scammed and that's the cost of doing business. As a buyer sometimes your item takes way longer to get to you than it should and that sort of like the cost of being an online buyer. I bought a mic on Amazon that I needed ASAP for YouTube channel I am starting (playing CODM)  And it was supposed to arrive in a couple days as it was Amazon fulfilled Prime. But they just kept delaying and delaying it for weeks.  Then they sent me a random message that they couldn't deliver it to me unless I approved an extra long extended delivery time and I tried to do that (I liked the deal I got) and I was getting a bunch of error messages and it felt like they were just trying to force me to cancel so I finally just canceled. It's just a risk that's always there as a buyer. 

Message 15 of 79
latest reply