cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does relisting mean when buyer gets that on email after a purchase?

email says everyone deserves a second chance.  I am new to eBay so hope my purchase was accepted.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @glo_22350 

The email notification sounds like the item has been relisted by the seller.  It seems to be telling you that you have another chance to place a bid or make an offer or buy it now.  

But you’re using the word ‘purchase’ … which confuses me.  Did you actually PURCHASE the item previously?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It's not clear but it sounds like you made a purchase and after you paid for it, the seller relisted. Are you concerned that the seller isn't going to send you the item you bought? 

Another option is that the seller has more than one of the same item and rather than listing with multiple quantities, they're relisting after a sale so they only show a quantity of 1 each time.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

That message is used when you did not win an auction but the seller listed another. It's to let you know there is another one you can bid on if you want. 

I don't see why you would receive it if you purchased the item.  Can you give more info?

Look under purchases on your my eBay page and see if you bought the item.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Look n your Purchase History and see if the item is listed there.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@glo_22350,

You joined ebay on the 15th and posted your question here on the 16th.  Did you make the purchase as a guest?  If you did any information about the sale will be sent directly to you through your regular email address. Depending on your provider the eBay emails may be in your junk/spam folders, or in other folders like offers, promotions, business... on your email page.  No information about tat purchase

Some listings may show "the seller has relisted this item or a similar one".  If the seller has more than one of the item but wanted to list them separately. 

If you bought the item after registering on ebay, on your My ebay summary page the item should show up in your Order/Purchase history. To the right of the item's title will be an Order Details link. click on it to se the status of your order.   If the seller cancelled the purchase for some reason, it will say that in the Order Details page and there will be a notice in your My ebay messages. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 6
latest reply