cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well that was fast!

I ordered a beautiful wind chime yesterday. I'm in Oregon, and the seller appears to be shown in Colorado. I received an email from the seller that they're using the carrier Aquiline, and they sent me the tracking number. I received my order today. The packaging and receipt both show Amazon ~ not the seller or ebay.

Is this okay? How did it get to me so fast from a few states away? I'm guessing maybe it really didn't come from Colorado?

Here's the item number. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/126249947779

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Well that was fast!

I found your item on Amazon. Sounds like they are a drop shipper. The Ebay seller found the item on Amazon, then setup a sale on Ebay for a higher price. You bought on Ebay, seller then bought item on Amazon and then entered your address to ship to. I had an Amazon seller(didn't know at the time) buy a guitar item from me at $60. He made it a point to say not to include an invoice in my package. Something told me he was an Amazon seller. Sure enough I found his Amazon ID was the same as his Ebay account. And he was selling the pedal for $104! That told me alot of Amazon shoppers never check prices on Ebay. That buyer could have saved alot of money. I didn't include an invoice but I use Ebay tape on my packages so I'm sure the buyer figured it out. Lol. 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Well that was fast!

@sierras1160,

There are many sellers who list items on ebay, that they also have listed on and stored with Amazon. They use the Fulfilled By Amazon (FBA) for the packing and shipping of their items, which is perfectly acceptable to ebay. Aquiline tracking transposes Amazons untrackable shipping numbers into trackable ones. 

What is against both eBay and Amazon's rules, is to list an item on ebay, then use their Prime account, to buy the item from Amazon and have it to a buyer sent as a gift.   If your receipts don't say "A gift for you"  everything is OK.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Well that was fast!

@sierras1160 wrote:

Is this okay?

If it's what you ordered and it arrived much faster than expected, I would be very okay.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Well that was fast!

That seller is dropshipping from Amazon which is not allowed.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Well that was fast!

That seller isn't using FBA, they are using https://www.autods.com to dropship from Amazon

Have a great day
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Well that was fast!

Looks like there's some disagreement on whether it was okay how the seller had obtained their product and delivered it to me. I'm not sure what to think. Thank you everyone for your responses.  🙂

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Well that was fast!

What the seller is doing is not allowed.

They are listing an item here, then going to Amazon to buy it after it sells here and has them ship to the buyer.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Well that was fast!

While sellers can use drop shippers, it has to be a real drop shipping service.  They are not allowed to just hand the order off to another seller like that. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Well that was fast!

That seller isn't using FBA, they are using....

@kensgiftshop 

How do you know this?  What are the 'tells' if the service to which you linked was used as opposed to FBA? 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Well that was fast!

@ittybitnot wrote:

That seller isn't using FBA, they are using....

@kensgiftshop 

How do you know this?  What are the 'tells' if the service to which you linked was used as opposed to FBA? 

The service they are using pulls listings from different retail sites where they can list and sell them on Ebay.

When I was dropshipping, I used a service something like that, but it was through wholesale companies.

I could look through the different wholesale sites and select items I wanted to list on Ebay and it uploaded the listings.

The service they are using pretty much does the same thing, but it pulls listings from retail sites like Amazon, Walmart, Etsy, Home Depot and so on.

Have a great day
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Well that was fast!

What are the 'tells' if the service to which you linked was used as opposed to FBA?

There is a copyright notice at the bottom of the item description that points to a particular company.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Well that was fast!

It's not uncommon for sellers to leverage platforms like ebay for efficient order fulfillment, even if they're listed elsewhere. Therefore, your chime likely reached you swiftly, thanks to streamlined shipping processes. If you're curious about the packaging discrepancy, don't hesitate to reach out to the seller for clarification. Nonetheless, the most important thing is that your wind chime arrived promptly and in pristine condition.

Matthew Mahgerfteh
Message 13 of 13
latest reply