cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We had to remove this listing from the site,... The item has been shipped.

Lately,

eBay is sending me this message.

Maybe I am out of luck to purchase from eBay.

Since eBay is not giving me a lot of option, I need to ask in this community.  I already checked posts but, eBay didn't give me that options what you described in your posts. (Maybe I did something wrong but, there are not many options in the bottom to click to it)

I received the message, 

"  This user is no longer registered on eBay.

This item has been shipped."

Another message, " 

We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

This item has been shipped."

Well, eBay is asking me to wait for the items since the Seller sent it.

Has anyone received their items after you get these messages?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: We had to remove this listing from the site,... The item has been shipped.

@chilsa74

Your post was made on 04/19 and I see that no one has yet responded. Have you in fact received your item since making this post? If not, did the seller provide tracking information? If not, then how does eBay know the seller actually shipped? The answer is, they wouldn't know unless the seller uploaded tracking to the transaction which then you would also be able to see.

If you haven't received your item AND/OR there is no tracking available to prove it was shipped then go to PayPal and open the INR dispute there and state in the dispute that eBay removed both the seller & the item from their site.

Click here to go to the PayPal resolution center. You will likely get the log in page before the link clicks through to the dispute page but once you do that, the link will carry you through to the page you need for filing the dispute. If this link doesn't take you directly to the resolution center then scroll to the bottom of the page it takes you too and click on the Help & Contact link. At the top of the next page click on Resolution Center.

The longer I'm on eBay, the more convinced I am that idiocy in the world is growing at an alarming rate. No where is it more visible than the view from eBay itself.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@brad62853 wrote:

did the seller provide tracking information? If not, then how does eBay know the seller actually shipped? The answer is, they wouldn't know unless the seller uploaded tracking to the transaction which then you would also be able to see.

Please note that eBay does not need a tracking number to know that an item has shipped:https://s9.postimg.org/tpbebg5fj/image.jpg

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@hafoster wrote:

"Please note that eBay does not need a tracking number to know that an item has shipped:"

With all due respect ... yes, they do unless of course you're inferring that just because a seller goes to the item details and clicks "Mark as shipped" that this is proof in fact that an item was physically shipped. Without proof of shipment (aka: tracking number) a claim filed under the MBG by any buyer against such a seller would always be found in the buyers favor. Therefore inferring that without such tracking information eBay in fact does not know for sure that an item was shipped.

The longer I'm on eBay, the more convinced I am that idiocy in the world is growing at an alarming rate. No where is it more visible than the view from eBay itself.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

eBay's eagerness to declare "This item has been shipped" despite no tracking --

started being exploited this month to steer the buyer towards a return request.https://s21.postimg.org/ccr8qxmpz/image.jpgBecause the item was shipped, eBay blocks the buyer from starting an INR. But the return request, from which there is no return, is a dead-end. And exploited, the buyer has relinquished recovering relief (RRR, sounds like ha-ha-ha) at all from eBay.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I have noticed several of my purchases have had this, appears they have singled me out as a buyer just this past month or so?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@stitzee wrote:

I have noticed several of my purchases have had this, appears they have singled me out as a buyer just this past month or so?

Yes, this exploit appeared in April. So your purchases were

1. marked shipped with no tracking numbers, and 

2. then the listings were removed?

And you started return requests on each of them?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Yeah, the Seller provided Tracking Number but, item never came.

80% of my purchase from April that didn't show up at my door and while I was waiting for the items, the Sellers are no longer registered on eBay.

eBay refund fully but, I don't like it.

Thank you.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@chilsa74 wrote:

Yeah, the Seller provided Tracking Number but, item never came.

80% of my purchase from April that didn't show up at my door and while I was waiting for the items, the Sellers are no longer registered on eBay.

eBay refund fully but, I don't like it.

Thank you.

STOP buying from China (or new, clueless sellers, or hacked accounts)

Buy from US sellers with established feedback

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 9 of 9
latest reply