cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watched Items

I have been selling for about 6 years; in that time my number of watched items has increased to about 50 on average, going has high as 80 items. About 3 months ago, my watch list started to increase from about 50 to 135 items where it stands today.  On top of that, over half of them relist.  Has any one seen the same thing on their account?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Watched Items

@2tswithadream,

My watch list is not doing that.  Does anyone else have access to your ebay account or computer?  Since you sell a lot of books, if you have a shop maybe someone is watching items to see what they sell for, and just isn't deleting them.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Watched Items

Were you using GTC before it became mandatory?

All your watchers from each month stay on the Watching List.

If 10 were Watching in May, then another 10 started watching in June, the Watch List would show 20 Watchers.

But all it means is that watchers, watch.

Buyers on the other hand, buy.

If you close a Fixed Price item and then reopen it, all those Watchers will be notified of the relisting.  (But not of a Sell Similar, I believe.)

Watchers are a group of members to ignore.  They are meaningless in terms of sales.

They might be a small indication of interest.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Watched Items

I watch an item close to payday hoping nobody buys it.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Watched Items

A lot of times watchers are planing to buy.  Some watchers are just competitors trying to sell same or looking to see how much your listing sales.   Maybe just selling same.  I have piles of watchers. Lots are repeat buyers. Just a easy way to fine your listing. When they are ready to buy.  On special items like other say. They are watching wanting to buy but waiting on the pay check etc. Lots of times on some items as the watch count grows. Buyer will see and buy afraid other might snatch the deal up.  I think watchers are a good thing. I know lots of repeat buyer keep my items in there watch list. Some are competitors buying from me and re sale for there kits etc. If you got a special item. And it is one of a kind watchers will most of the time buy before it gets to 6 or 7 watchers. Or this has been the way it happens to me.  My watchers have increased a lot in the last 2 months. So I know more are planing to buy.    

Message 5 of 5
latest reply