cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbelievable. Clothing item arrives WET!

Anyone ever had that happen?

She wrapped the pants I bought still damp and put them in a Best Buy bag and some other wrapping over that. As well, there are three tears in the pants ruffles that were not disclosed in the listing. Opened a return, though she does not take returns. Unbelievable. 

As well, she sold these things while she was out of town and I had to wait a week to get these. 

Wow. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unbelievable. Clothing item arrives WET!

Even though the seller does not take returns, if the item is not as described you are covered by ebays money back guarantee. The seller will also be required to pay for the return label or they have the option to refund you without sending the item back. If they do not respond to the return case you already opened, after 3 business days you'll be able to ask ebay to step in to resolve it.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Even though the seller does not take returns, if the item is not as described you are covered by ebays money back guarantee. The seller will also be required to pay for the return label or they have the option to refund you without sending the item back. If they do not respond to the return case you already opened, after 3 business days you'll be able to ask ebay to step in to resolve it.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@tonesontail87 

If the seller does not respond to your Return Request, you can go back to your Return Request details 4 business days after you filed the Request and ask Ebay to step in.

1. Find the item in your Purchases.
  2. Select See return details.
  3. Select Ask eBay to step in and help.
  4. Select a reason from the dropdown menu, then select Confirm.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

This is good to know.  I was a bit annoyed thinking I'd have to pay to return this mess. It was not very expensive in the end, but the whole thing was something I found to be disrespectful and irresponsible.  Just don't even bother to let it dry in service of getting it out as promised a week late....LOL. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

ALL buyers need to familiarize themselves with the MBG, preferably BEFORE starting to shop on eBay.

You received an item that's not as described.  Follow the directions for opening an NAD case.

BTW, that "does not take returns" stance has no meaning in the case of an NAD.  Please read the MBG.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I found an unopened FedEx package once.  Had a brand new $130 shirt in it. 
Full of water, soaking wet.
I found it in the river while kayaking.
   Do you think the FedEx van turned over trying to go through a flooded creek?
   Maybe put it on a porch and a flood washed it away.
   Maybe there's something I'm missing?
Or did the shipper fill the package with water and instruct FedEx to throw it in the creek?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

No. The clothing was obviously washed, not fully dried, then rolled up and placed into a plastic bag. The paper mailing material over it was completely dry.  

She at least refunded without me sending anything back. These will go to the Goodwill - if someone wants to take time finding the right color thread and mending them. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

It seems like the clothes were sent to you after a wash but not completely dried, then stuffed into a plastic bag covered with dry paper packaging. It's good that the seller gave you a refund without needing the clothes back. I orderd from Puff print hoodie manufacturer  . Now, you're planning to donate them to Goodwill, where someone might pick them up and fix them if they're up for it.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Opening an item not as described case was exactly the right thing to do.

The seller's "do not take returns" stance has no viability in the case of an NAD claim.  

Message 9 of 9
latest reply