cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible customer service!

eBay does not support their customers! I have had items that I never received. On one, I could prove via my cameras that there were no deliveries the day the post office said it came. They only support the seller because they want their 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If you haven't received your items are you opening item not received cases?

Contacting eBay or messaging a seller is not how Money Back Guarantee works. 

This is how it works... 

Go into your purchase history, click the drop down menu it will either say MORE ACTIONS Or I didn't receive it.

Next click I didn't receive it.

Your seller has 2 days to upload tracking showing delivery or refund, if by day 4 you don’t see a response from the seller or refund. You can go back to the case and that’s when you can ask eBay to step in. 

Good luck. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If USPS tracking shows item was delivered but you cannot find those packages....I would check with your neighbors.    You should also go to post office and tell them you never got packages and ask for "delivery coordinates" of where package was dropped off.   Sellers are NOT responsible for "porch pirates".

You can also ask USPS to stop delivery and "hold all packages" so you can pickup at local post office.    Also you can go on USPS.com and register for "informed delivery" (USPS will notify you "before delivery" of every letter or package).

Sorry this happened to you...

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@hildavonbingen wrote:

I have had items that I never received. On one, I could prove via my cameras that there were no deliveries the day the post office said it came. 

When the carrier claims delivery, the burden falls on a buyer to supply  proof acceptable to ebay that the seller was at fault for the buyer not receiving the delivery

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@hildavonbingen 

When you file an "item not received" claim with eBay AND there is a recorded tracking that shows "delivered" associated with the order you are going to lose.  It doesn't matter what your camera shows. 

As suggested, you need to check with family members/neighbors etc, and especially your Post Office to determine if it was misdelivered or NOT INTENDED FOR YOU in the first place (get written confirmation while you are there) based on the tracking number.  

Come back for info on how to proceed when you find out. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Do you ever acknowledge your mailman? Do you ever say hi or anything? Perhaps just talking to the mailman might help instead of looking out from a camera. I give a big bottle of champagne every Christmas to the delivery person. I know the neighbors in my building and we gather packages for one another. 

I never had anything lost from the USPS. I think the USPS and eBay does a great job.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Ebay doesn't accept videos as proof of nondelivery. They have no way to determine if the video is actually your house. You'll need more concrete proof. The first thing you need to do is ask your PO to check the delivery GPS coordinates. They gather those with every delivery scan. That will tell them exactly where the package was delivered. 

If that shows it wasn't delivered to you, the next step is to ask the PO if the package was addressed to you. If it was and was misdelivered that's between you and USPS. If it wasn't you need to get a letter from USPS stating that it was addressed to an address that's not yours. That's what you use to prove nondelivery.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply