cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious sellers with suspicious reviews

Hello, I'm new here.

I've been checked Ebay lately in hope to find someone selling a GPU better than my piece of trash and I've seen quite some ridiculously good deals, for very good GPU. But offers like these rise some doubts.

Most of these accounts have 100% positive rate, very generic 1 line long reviews, some sometimes copypasted, all from accounts most of which have themselves hundreds if not thousands of positive reviews of the same kind themselves. Personally, it makes me suspect the reliability of the seller.

I give you an imgur link to 2 screenshots to give you an idea of what I'm talking about:

https://imgur.com/a/pi0xcpt 

How should I act? The seller could be genuine, but is there a way to be sure that he is? Especially when it comes to tech.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

A new buyer should make a purchase for a few dollars before buying anything expensive.

You don't have any buying experience yet.

Sorry, but it's like driving "a car for the first time"...here for you.

Feedbacks should be recent...not 6 months or more.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@lor-639419 wrote:

Hello, I'm new here.

I've been checked Ebay lately in hope to find someone selling a GPU better than my piece of trash and I've seen quite some ridiculously good deals, for very good GPU. But offers like these rise some doubts.

Most of these accounts have 100% positive rate, very generic 1 line long reviews, some sometimes copypasted, all from accounts most of which have themselves hundreds if not thousands of positive reviews of the same kind themselves. Personally, it makes me suspect the reliability of the seller.

I give you an imgur link to 2 screenshots to give you an idea of what I'm talking about:

https://imgur.com/a/pi0xcpt 

How should I act? The seller could be genuine, but is there a way to be sure that he is? Especially when it comes to tech.

I don't see anything strange about the feedback left for those two sellers.

GPU's on the other hand do seem to attract a lot of scammers, both buyers and sellers.

If it's a deal that is too good to be legit.....it probably isn't.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@lor-639419 

The minute you said "ridiculously good deals for very good GPU" my scam detection radar went off. Any time a deal seems too good to be  true, it usually is, and GPUs are a very popular target of scammers.

You've been a member for one day. I would gently suggest that you need to learn about the platform and all the signs of a scammer before making any high-dollar purchases. It's impossible to tell from a screenshot of feedback, mostly in a language I don't speak, whether the sellers are legitimate. But if your gut feeling is telling you they aren't, always go with your gut.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@lor-639419,

Not only are you new to ebay, but you do not seem to realize that you have posted your issue on the ebay U.S. based site's community (ebay.com) when your home site is probably the Italian based site (www.ebay.it

Your link with that partial feedback page, is of no use to us at all. You can't post a seller's username here, but you can post the 12 digit ebay item number of a suspect GPU  listing, which we can check out to let you know what may be indications of a scam and how to check a seller's feedback profile page for possible indications of them being a scammer.  The ebay item number is in upper  the right of the item specifics box. 

Any Buy It Now item that is listed with a much lower than average selling price, is an immediate Red Flag.  Do not make the mistake of buying from one, because you feel protected by the Money Back Guarantee. You may miss something that will void those protections.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 5
latest reply