cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still receiving seller offers with all notification and preferences turned off

I am a seller on eBay and I NEVER want to receive offers for items I am researching for comps.  I have turned off all Buyer alerts in Communication Preferences.    I want to use the platform, I don't want it to use me, but I continue to get seller offers.  I should be able to control the communications coming to me completely and if it does not involve me selling something or a change to the platform it should be NONE!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@bobofreak 

Sign "out" of eBay and view away at other listings. We use two eBay accounts on the same computer and eBay doesn't send out offers to both of our accounts, when viewing listings and both accounts are signed off.

Cookies 101 = eBay can't send an offer if it doesn't know who viewed the listing.

Log out first and view other listings to your heart's content. This is the smart way to prevent Big Brother from sending you notifications and offers about the items that you are viewing and researching for comps.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Last time I changed Communication Preferences I think it took a few days for the settings to take effect.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I have had this configured for months 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

How about the platform works as intended? Again I want to use the platform not have the platform use me.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply