cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort the search function

For weeks now type in comics in search and only superman related items show (100% not an issue my end - this has happened a couple of times in the past year and it has sorted itself out eventually. This is the longest problem period to date). There are short sporadic periods the search function does work for other comics but they come and go literally from one search to the next. This issue must be costing sellers a lot of money and obliges me to end usage with Ebay after many years

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Sort the search function

The results you see when searching may have something to do with your registered location or the way you are searching.

When I type comics into the search bar, I see 9,000,000+ results covering all comic subjects and characters in the Comics & Graphic Novels category.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Sort the search function

Many thanks for replying. If you try to narrow the search e.g. amazing spiderman, or any specific comic title, most if not all the responses are somehow superman related. It would not be practical to review 9m comics to try and find specific titles

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Sort the search function

When I search using the keywords amazing spiderman, I see 240,000+ Spiderman related results that ship to my location.

If you see something different it may be due to your location, your shipping address, or the way you are searching. I would expect the number of results that have shipping to UAE to be fewer, at least.

Do you still see Superman results when using the Amazing Spiderman Series Title Filter?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=amazing+spiderman&_sacat=0&rt=nc&Series%2520Title=Ama...

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Sort the search function

Thanks again for replying. I'm mystified - the link you provided lets me see spiderman comics. When I open fresh page and I scroll for amazing spiderman filter it shows 99 search results most of which are superman related.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_dcat=259104&_fsrp=1&rt=nc&_from=R40&_nkw=comics&_sacat=0&Series%2...

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Sort the search function

Using the UK link you provided, if I change my US shipping location to UAE the search results go from 140,000 to about 100 results, many from the same seller. Many of those listings include Superman in the title but have Amazing Spiderman in the item-specifics.

So it appears that the issue may be related to your shipping location.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Sort the search function

I think you may have cracked the issue - this issue only started 3-4 weeks ago (I've been shipping to UAE or UK for a few years). In any case, now I can search and I'm back in business. Thank you very much for your help.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Sort the search function

I give up - I've bought hundreds of comics over the last 8yrs trouble free. Now getting the following message 'We are sorry, but the item you selected may not be purchased due to seller shipping restrictions or due to country-specific import/export or other relevant restrictions.{e218481-779893x}'

I was getting this a few weeks back (on every purchase whether US or UK and whichever shipping address I used) and it stopped (possibly coincidental timing with the search issue).

Thanks for your help again but I don't think I'm destined to buy from eBay again!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Sort the search function

'We are sorry, but the item you selected may not be purchased due to seller shipping restrictions or due to country-specific import/export or other relevant restrictions.{e218481-779893x}'

The problem may be related to your country of registration OR your Primary Shipping Address, regardless of which shipping address you are choosing at checkout.

If you have a shipping address in a different country, you may want to try changing your Primary Shipping Address to that country to see if that makes any difference.

If that does not help, it might be worth registering a new eBay account in that country.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Sort the search function

After hundreds of transactions it is insanely annoying to have these problems now. Oh well - my not being able to buy on eBay will make my wife happy! Thank you again for your advice -  very kind.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Sort the search function

You are welcome -- good luck!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply