cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So frustrating with dishonest seller and waiting…..

Part is my fault not researching but it’s not a sin to asking to cancel an order .

like any store, you can take a back or ask cancel on any online order if you change your mind if it’s right after you paid…….it is buyers right too in my opinion.

i had buyer asked to cancel and I happily done for the buyer’s request.

March 19th I bought a women’s Sandal on here ebay …it says brand new and kind of cute so I bought it for $23.00 plus shipping $7.00  so total was $30

after I looked closely in the listing pictures, shoes had dents and stains too…and I also went online and found exactly same sandals in 3 different online stores and selling for $9.99 to $11.00 what?

so immediately I asked seller to cancel less than 25 minutes after I paid.

seller said ok I will cancel right now.

Ok great. 

the next day, it still not cancel …my item purchase show not cancel and I check the sellers other item and Sandal is re listed for sale at much less price (half the price ) 

3 days later still not canceled so I asked again and seller reply saying I did canceled.

but no didn’t not and no refund.

few more days still nothing…and sandal was delisted for sale has sold to another buyer too but no refund to me.

than 6 th day, item show shipped without tracking number….so I asked seller did you shipped? This is after sandal was sold again to another buyer.

seller reply say ..too late not shipping cause I canceled already….nope she didn’t not cancel.

I called ebay explained this and ebay said I had to wait till estimated delivery date and waited out and than call them back or file as item not received….

but ebay estimated date is keeps changing too.

first, estimated date was March 27 to March 29 few days later change to March 29 to April 1.

today it show estimated date is April 1 to @April 4 …why keeps changing?

now it’s been 9 days no cancel and no refund and sandals sold twice now..no she didn’t have another pair of same sandal just one.

my item purchase show it still shipped and show no tracking and seller say it is canceled and didn’t shipped

and no refund either and estimated dates keeps changing every 3 days….so messed up.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

You have till the original estimated date to file an item not received.  Once you are past that date, you can file and force the seller to deal with it.  If the item doesn't arrive or 3 days pass and the seller does nothing, you can have eBay step in.

I was checking a recent purchase of my own, and I see they no longer have the INR option while the package is in route. (while its still on time)  But there should be an original estimated date on the tracking.

If this fails, there is always the return option for item not as described.  That may also force the situation to be resolved for you.

Its entirely possible their funds are on hold still and maybe they are waiting for the funds to be released before fixing it.  Some sellers are a bit uninformed to the process.

I'm sorry that happened, it gives sellers a bad image, thankfully most of us are not like that.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Yes this does happen from time to time and I'm always perplexed why sellers don't refund the sale immediately. If it drags on and you still have not received your refund, you could dispute the charge with your credit card company. I would keep conversations with the seller professional and polite. You can report the seller and leave feedback once you get your refund. 

Good luck

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

@mybabylily 

< it [expecting seller to cancel a purchase] is buyers right too in my opinion >    

The issue of rights aside, as a practical matter it's in everyone's interest, especially yours, to look closely at the pictures and do the price comparisons, before committing to a purchase.  You changed your mind 25 minutes after the purchase ... if you had taken those 25 minutes to decide that you really didn't want the item, all this hassle would have been avoided. 

The above is not meant as chastisement.  I'm totally sympathetic – well, maybe not totally totally – and my hope is that the viewpoint will help you realize how it's possible to avoid a recurrence of the situation, going forward. 

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

If you're looking at the listing, yes, that estimated delivery date will change every day.

Look in your purchase history, that date doesn't change.

You can get their feedback removed.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Mistakes happen to sellers and buyers all of the time. The OP acknowledged responsibility and was just trying to cancel the sale. It was a reasonable amount of time and the item was not shipped. 

I do not understand what the seller was thinking they would get for not accepting the request. Customer service should not end once you are paid. (Seller) Many sellers complain that there stuff is not selling. Not enough customers are buying their stuff. If many of them would just concentrate on the customers they sell to (Follow up) many may see some repeat buyers from time to time. Most items on Ebay can be found in duplicate so why not set yourself from the rest and take care of your customers.

As a seller, why risk negative feedback and/or a return.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Buyers can cancel an order within 1 hour of purchase without sellers approval. 

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

@solidguitar1961 wrote:

Buyers can cancel an order within 1 hour of purchase without sellers approval. 

They can request to have the order canceled, but it's still up to the seller if they want to cancel or not.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

I had a buyer ask me to cancel a sale yesterday.

It's really frustrating when a buyer makes a mistake.

When I cancel a sale because buyer asked...the refund comes out of my "available funds" from other buyers sales if I have any. The refund to you doesn't just get cancel...the transaction is still being processed while you are being refunded.

It's possible seller is waiting for the transaction to go through and then maybe you might still get a refund. 

I would never mail something to someone who made a mistake. However, sometimes a seller might delay the refund to teach a buyer the mistake the buyer made. 

Seller is not dishonest...after all...who made the mistake...

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

@mybabylily 

My comments are not going to be what you want to hear. 

Part is my fault not researching

THIS!! Actually, it's FULLY your fault. Research is to be done BEFORE purchasing, not after. 

it’s not a sin to asking to cancel an order .

Not a sin but sellers don't have to accept your cancellation request. And even when they do, you've cost that seller time and money. 

like any store, you can take a back or ask cancel on any online order if you change your mind 

Not true. Stores, both B&M and online as well as online sellers can set their own return and cancellation policies. Sure, you can ask them to alter or make exceptions to their policies but they don't have to do it.

I also went online and found exactly same sandals in 3 different online stores and selling for $9.99 to $11.00 what?

It's called capitalism. Sellers can charge as much or as little for their items as they want. If you don't like a price, you hit the back button and find another seller with a price you're happier with. But you're expected to do that before buying. 

I can't see your account and don't know for sure whether the seller canceled or not. But what I do know is that if it was canceled, the refund went back to your original payment method so you have to look at your c.c. account. It may show there if that's how you paid.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Part is my fault not researching but it’s not a sin to asking to cancel an order .

While not a sin to ask, it is also not required for seller to oblige.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

@mybabylily,

"but ebay estimated date is keeps changing too.

first, estimated date was March 27 to March 29 few days later change to March 29 to April 1.

today it show estimated date is April 1 to @April 4 …why keeps changing'?

It keeps changing, because you are opening the listing itself. In your Purchase History If it does not show the estimated delivery date just above the title, click on the View order details button, and you will see that date.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

As an experienced eBayer, you  should be aware of the following:

1. If you do not receive the item by the estimated delivery date, you, the buyer, can open an  item not received case.

2. And that date, as seen in  the original listing, does not change.

3. If you DO receive it and it's not as described, you can open an item not as described case.

4. Any kind of case has to be opened within 30 days of receipt of the item.

5. Contact eBay and get that FB removed.  Buyers can not be  given negative FB.  And that seller will get  a "defect".  No one knows how many defects a seller can have before he is banned from selling.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@mybabylily 

You've had quite a few "disappointing" experiences. Some buyers have a hard time on ebay. 

I'm wondering why a seller would receive a neutral feedback when an item is "not sellers fault but after wearing this for few days, I got bad allergy reaction to silicone or latex gripper thing at the bottom the the leg part that holds in place"

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

@mybabylily wrote:

Part is my fault not researching but it’s not a sin to asking to cancel an order.

... the next day, it still not cancel …my item purchase show not cancel and I check the sellers other item and Sandal is re listed for sale at much less price (half the price ) 

3 days later still not canceled so I asked again and seller reply saying I did canceled.

Hi @mybabylily 

What is the Item Number for the relisted sandals?   I've searched the seller's Current and Completed listings ... and could only find the listing for the item that you purchased.

[While requesting a cancellation may not be a sin .. leaving the seller negative feedback for your mistake is getting pretty darn close.]

Message 15 of 23
latest reply