cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should have listened to me

I have a friend who is new to eBay and is a Star Wars collector. I have told her repeatedly to look at a sellers feedback, well she saw a figure she wanted, seller had a 98% fb rating and instead of checking it out, she bought the figure. Her figure arrived and the card and bubble were not the same as the one in the auction. The card was ripped and the bubble had a large white sticker on the front. The sellers auction clearly states the figure in the picture is what the buyer will get, but that obvious was not the case. 

She is upset, but I told her, "I told you so!" The seller negative feedback mentions how this seller is deceptive and won't send what is pictured. If she had taken the time to read it she could of bought from someone else.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Should have listened to me

She needs to do a 'item not as described"...seller has to accept return and provide prepaid return label.

And as for the seller..."no returns" does not mean "no returns" on eBay,

She has 30 days to do it.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Advise her to click the return this item button and choose not as described.  That  has to be done within 30 days of delivery.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

No Returns does not mean No Refunds

It means if the seller wants the item back before refunding, they will have to pay for return shipping.

But return or no return, the seller will refund.

Open the Not As Described claim.

The buyer has 30 days from delivery to open the claim.

If for some reason your friend loses, and there is no reason in your story that the claim would fail, it is still possible to make a Not As Described claim through Paypal for 180 days from payment, although PP insists that the buyer pay return shipping.
(So start with eBay.)

If the friend did not use PP, they can start a chargeback from their credit card. Card policies differ, but 180 days from purchase is pretty usual.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

When you were telling your friend all about buying on eBay, you should have told her about eBay's ironclad and nearly automatic Money Back Guarantee for buyers. 

All she needed to do was go to Purchase History and open an Item Not As Described case to get a full refund of her money.

She may still be able to do that, is fewer than 30 days have passed since she received the figurine. 

If more than 30 (but fewer than 180) days have passed, she can do a chargeback on PayPal or her credit card.

-

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

She saw he had a "no return" policy. She left him a negative and he refunded her money without her asking for it.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

The guy willingly returned her money. She didn't even ask for it back. She was going to just take a loss. She said she would look at feedback next time.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

To emphasize here:  Your friend was just lucky.  Unless she had opened an item not as described case, that seller was not required to refund her.

Tell her to read the Money Back Guarantee for buyers so that she knows how to handle the situation if this happens again.  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply