cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe problems with ebay tracking numbers

I think ebay should get out of the tracking buisness  i have  nothing but issues with these esus tracking numbers  saying item deliverd   when  thats  not  the case  i had to open 3 cases about that  one last month  one last week  and one yesterday    I also daily informed digest  from the usps  where i can see my in  coming mail and these did  not show up they are just coming  by regular white  letter evelope   I hated opening cases   but  i dont like like i do like to cause issue  but this a problem  i get my other mail just fine  when it is a regular usps tracking number  just dont  what to do 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@scmil67 

The service you are using is not tracked like regular tracked US Mail.  It is an inexpensive shipping method that may not ever post as "Delivered" ever.  Sometimes if will say "Delivered" and it won't arrive to you for a couple of days.  Basically, they only get a scan at a sorting facility. 

If you want a regular tracked service you can ask the seller (AND OFFER TO PAY MORE) for USPS Ground Advantage that has regular tracking.  Generally, the shipping cost will be a few dollars instead of a few cents. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

eBay is using this service (metered mail) to supposedly help small sellers of lightweight items have a little protection from INR claims. Unfortunately, this service is not a true tracking service. It can only be scanned at distribution centers or sorting center hubs. but it can't be scanned at the Post Office or at delivery by your mail carrier. 

I think it just causes more problems because buyers are not informed that it is not a true tracking service and that even if it is scanned as delivered that only means it was scanned at the destination sorting hub. It then has to be sent to the buyers Post Office where it might take a couple days to a couple of weeks to finally be delivered.

eBay has conditioned buyers to file INR claims 1 day after the latest estimated arrival date but with this shipping method that puts sellers in a bad position to either refund or hope buyers wait a few extra days before filing a claim. It is a junk service and really should be discontinued or at least eBay should extend the window before an INR claim can be filed by a buyer.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I think its a dirty trick  and needs to  stopped because  it not a official tracking number    and post office will not do anything    about it    when i ship stuff i get offical ups fedex or usps tracking numbers 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

ESUS tracking numbers ARE USPS tracking numbers, they just aren’t treated like regular tracking numbers.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply