cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling Scams ?

I purchase a lot of collectible.

I seem to keep getting into these where I purchase multiple items and the seller only sends 1, then seller either ghosts me or tells me It didn’t happen .

Is this a newer scam where the seller can prove they sent and that’s enough for eBay..? it’s really disheartening and it kinda makes me only want to buy from big sellers. 

I just got denied on my claim from eBay so I appealed. It’s kind of ridiculous, even when you have it saying a clearly different weight. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Selling Scams ?

If you are denied, you are not opening a correct 'return case'. If you buy 4 and get 1, open a 'not as described' return, seller will have to provide you with return label and if they don't refund after 48hrs, 'escalate to ebay' (in the case). 

Opening a 'did not receive' will net you a LOST Case. 

It's NOT a new scam; there are thieves everywhere, on every site and yes, you SHOULD check feedback from sellers to be sure it looks like they are taking care of customers. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I think that’s what I did originally and then I changed it to “other” on Appeal.  when I purchase them they had 100s of positives, only after I purchased  did they start coming in with negative reviews. I’m thinking people are buying accounts to use.

Is there any way I can escalate it to a “real” person I can talk to? 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Appealing a not received case will accomplish nothing if the seller has tracking proving delivery. You need to close out the INR case, then go to the item in your purchase history and click Return. Select either "item not as described in listing" or "missing parts or pieces" as the reason for the return. Ask eBay to step in after three business days and you'll get a label to return what you received. After the seller gets the return you'll be refunded.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

It won’t let me do that , I’ve already selected “money back guarantee .” Claim. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

When you purchase multiple items, are they all part of ONE lot?

If so, and you don't get all the items, are you not opening an item not as described case?

If they are all individual items, with individual item numbers, are you opening item not received cases? 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@blankauctions wrote:

It won’t let me do that , I’ve already selected “money back guarantee .” Claim. 

Are you opening cases from your purchase history? It says nothing about money back guarantee there, it just has selections to open a case. It also won't let you open a not as described case until the INR case is closed. So you may need to go back and manually close that case.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the advice. I’ll do that in the future. 

Turns out they decided to reverse the decision with the appeal when I showed them all the information. 

B3D61E28-DF74-4430-9576-9324236A14F5.jpeg

Message 8 of 8
latest reply