cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller refunded my item claiming that I asked for a refund

I won an item in an auction and paid immediately after the auction was over. Almost 24 hours later I get an eBay notification saying that the item was refunded, and I will be getting my money back. Under the reason for refund it said “buyer requested refund” even though I never messaged the seller. Now I understand eBay can’t force someone to sell their item to me, but is there a way to at least leave feedback so other future buyers know?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@carlo-7704,

If you have not received the refund yet, leave a negative feedback by going to your purchase history and using the leave feedback button. You can also click on your own feedback number (35) clicking on it to be taken to your feedback profile page and clicking on the Leave feedback button there.  That will bring up a list of items awaiting feedback.  

Use the link below to contact ebay.  On the first page use the blue  Report seller button.

Next page select seller has violated an ebay policy > Continue

Next Pg. enter the seller's username,  select Other, then in the text box write.

The seller used an invalid reason for cancelling the transaction, to avoid a defect. Check my messages I did not request canceling the transaction.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/report-issue-seller?id=4022

When you report the seller, they will receive a defect on their account, and be charged the ebay's transaction fees.  

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@carlo-7704,

If you have not received the refund yet, leave a negative feedback by going to your purchase history and using the leave feedback button. You can also click on your own feedback number (35) clicking on it to be taken to your feedback profile page and clicking on the Leave feedback button there.  That will bring up a list of items awaiting feedback.  

Use the link below to contact ebay.  On the first page use the blue  Report seller button.

Next page select seller has violated an ebay policy > Continue

Next Pg. enter the seller's username,  select Other, then in the text box write.

The seller used an invalid reason for cancelling the transaction, to avoid a defect. Check my messages I did not request canceling the transaction.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/report-issue-seller?id=4022

When you report the seller, they will receive a defect on their account, and be charged the ebay's transaction fees.  

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you for the quick reply, I have followed the steps, and will remember this if it happens again

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

you can try leaving negative feedback

sellers like the one that you had deserve a negative and more

sellers who like to use the cancel button are the scourge of ebay and need to be treated so

the cancel button is better off being used for non payers only

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 4 of 4
latest reply