cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller never refunded me $14,434.00 for engine falsely advertised. Sent back to seller.

Marine engine advertised as having only 100 hours on it.  Mechanic inspected it, it was not fit to put in the boat.  Returned to the seller per his request.  He has never refunded my money.  Have contacted the seller and Ebay MANY times, no one responds.  Tried to contact corporate, no way to get to them.  The seller is still selling on ebay.  

(order #22-09985-32465)

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Seller never refunded me $14,434.00 for engine falsely advertised. Sent back to seller.

@brower1942 wrote:

My credit card company refused in October saying too much time had passed since the transaction.  Is it worth it to try again now? A year later?  

Your credit card is your last chance.

Once you go to your credit card, neither Ebay or Pay Pal will do anything.

As long as it's been, try small claims court.

Have a great day
Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Re: Seller never refunded me $14,434.00 for engine falsely advertised. Sent back to seller.

@brower1942 wrote:

My credit card company refused in October saying too much time had passed since the transaction.  Is it worth it to try again now? A year later?  

@brower1942 

I would be having a sit down meeting at my financial institution with a branch manager and explaining the case to him/her. 

Just too bad that so much time has passed but I would certainly be pressing the issue in person.

We have heard of chargebacks here on the boards that have exceeded a year. 

Posting ID
Message 17 of 26
latest reply

Item number: 22-09985-32465

Purchased on 4/26/2023 per credit card

Return date: 6/12/2023

My mechanic called the seller directly and he supplied the shipping label.  Bill of lading: Globaltranz, GTZ Bol no: 27070918, shipped 6/12/2023

Unfortunately, none of this went through Ebay.  The mechanic didn't tell me until it had all been done.  My husband broke his hip on 6/12 also.  I was very involved with his care along with working as an RN part time. They discovered the hardware that they put in was not functioning correctly and he had a second surgery to remove it and put in new on Sept 1, 2023.  I contacted the seller starting Aug 9, he answered that he was gone for 3 weeks and would look into it when he got back (putting me off for 3 more weeks).  I never heard from him again.  I started a chat with Ebay on Aug 3, telling them the engine was sent back July 12, they just cut me off with"it was more than 30 days".   I had many more chats and phone calls with them, getting nowhere.

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

@brower1942 wrote:

Item number: 22-09985-32465

Purchased on 4/26/2023 per credit card

Return date: 6/12/2023

My mechanic called the seller directly and he supplied the shipping label.  Bill of lading: Globaltranz, GTZ Bol no: 27070918, shipped 6/12/2023

Unfortunately, none of this went through Ebay.  The mechanic didn't tell me until it had all been done.  My husband broke his hip on 6/12 also.  I was very involved with his care along with working as an RN part time. They discovered the hardware that they put in was not functioning correctly and he had a second surgery to remove it and put in new on Sept 1, 2023.  I contacted the seller starting Aug 9, he answered that he was gone for 3 weeks and would look into it when he got back (putting me off for 3 more weeks).  I never heard from him again.  I started a chat with Ebay on Aug 3, telling them the engine was sent back July 12, they just cut me off with"it was more than 30 days".   I had many more chats and phone calls with them, getting nowhere.

You had 30 days after delivery to open a case with eBay.

You had 6 months with your credit card

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

@brower1942 wrote:

He gave my mechanic the shipping label or arrangement for it to be sent back.  I have a copy of the bill of lading showing that the engine was sent back June 12, 2023.

You had 30 days after received to open a return case.

Seems you purchased in April and didn't return until June??

You voided your guarantee with eBay

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

Take him to court. A while back someone posted here about taking someone on Judge Judy and they won against the seller. 

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

Does anyone have a way to contact ebay corporate?  I tried to email and call them to no avail.  I live close enough to them, I want to make an appointment to discuss my case with them.

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

You can Google their snail mail address, but corporate headquarters doesn't make appointments to discuss people's cases. With 135 million users it's simply not possible. The sad fact is that you missed eBay's window to open a case. Corporate can't change that. Your only options now are to see if your credit card will allow you to dispute the charge this long after the sale or take the seller to small claims court.

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

eBay has a 30 day money back guarantee. You returned the item outside of that window. eBay doesn’t make exceptions, and corporate doesn’t handle disputes.

Your only recourse now is either trying again with your credit card company or the courts.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

So the seller provided a shipping label "outside" of eBay?

Seller could have re-directed it to somewhere else...does the Tracking show it was delivered back to the actual seller/point it was originally shipped from?

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

Sorry, but Ebay won't do anything.

It's been to long and once you go to your credit card, Ebay won't do anything to help, it's all on your credit card.

Have a great day
Message 26 of 26
latest reply