cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller leaving negative comments in positive feedback

eBay is useless. I've tried on numerous occasions and spent hours on trying to get uncalled for seller comments removed. 

I have bought and sold through eBay for over 15 years but I am closing my account. 

Ebay customer service and buyer support is none existent. 

Crooks can now claim an item is 1/2 it's real age when selling, get away with fraud and be abusive to the buyer.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Seller leaving negative comments in positive feedback

Anonymous
Not applicable

Buyer beware. Buyers need to do research before buying even on other websites.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

What did customer service say when you called and reported the feedback?

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@forlan2121 wrote:

eBay is useless. I've tried on numerous occasions and spent hours on trying to get uncalled for seller comments removed. 

I have bought and sold through eBay for over 15 years but I am closing my account. 

Ebay customer service and buyer support is none existent. 

Crooks can now claim an item is 1/2 it's real age when selling, get away with fraud and be abusive to the buyer.

So you've been here 15 years, and one seller leaves you a comment that virtually no one will read, and you close your account.

Right, that makes sense.

BTW, this is the USA site; don't you have a forum of your own to announce your exit?

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@forlan2121

Amazon doesn't carry the vintage items I buy on ebay. Or, if they do, the price is much higher than on ebay.

What did CS tell you about the false positive? It should be easily removed.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

The seller has mis sold me an item claiming it is half the real age. I have proved this and had no support from eBay and to add insult to injury I am now getting abusive emails and negative comments in positive feedback. 

As for a U.K. Forum, I followed the link on my eBay account, there was no statement of where the forum was based. Yet more **bleep**e service from eBay. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Have contacted CS on numerous occasions with no response to date

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Well I'm not seeing any negative comments, anywhere..

No soft positives, nada.. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@pikabo-icu wrote:

It's there. It's the 2nd feedback comment.Starts out positive "prompt payment" and then says the OP was threatening. I overlooked it at first because the first part of the sentence is a positive comment lol!

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@forlan2121 wrote:

You need to pick up the phone and call them then. Your emails ae obviously going nowhere. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@missjen316 wrote:

@pikabo-icu wrote:

It's there. It's the 2nd feedback comment.Starts out positive "prompt payment" and then says the OP was threatening. I overlooked it at first because the first part of the sentence is a positive comment lol!

Thanks Jen.. Sheesh..

That was well camouflaged..

It's removable but dang- I doubt many, if any, would ever see that. I was looking for it & blew right on by.. 

Agree they need to call... 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

You left negative FB for the seller, let's start with that.

Then you say here that the seller mis-represented the age of the AppPhone but no where in their listing did they say when the item was manufactured. What they did say in their descripton ..

Touch screen

Mint condition

Only 6 months old

Full working order

Selling due to change of vehicle

As a buyer who pays attention to what sellers state about their items, I would have interpreted that to mean that the unit was only in the buyers possesion for 6-months. If I still wasn't sure and wanted confirmation about it, I'd either ask the seller a question OR  look closely at any photos provided. In this case, it's clear on picture #2 by simply right clicking the photo, selecting to open in a new tab and then click that photo to see it enlarged. At the bottom of the box there's the manufacturers label and it clearly states the unit was made in April 2016.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/5SAAAOSwU1RZfISz/s-l1600.jpg

So while the seller by policy should not have left the adverse comments they did, IMHO you deserved them and then some.

The longer I'm on eBay, the more convinced I am that idiocy in the world is growing at an alarming rate. No where is it more visible than the view from eBay itself.
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@missjen316 wrote:

@forlan2121 wrote:

You need to pick up the phone and call them then. Your emails ae obviously going nowhere. 

What missjen said.

You will have to call, and try to get the CS to remove the feedback while you are on the phone.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@forlan2121 wrote:

The seller has mis sold me an item claiming it is half the real age.

First off I would recommend a certain course of action but...

@brad62853 wrote:

You left negative FB for the seller, let's start with that.

That is a problem, once you leave a negative there's a far smaller chance the seller is going to be in the least bit cooperative.

That having been said, if the item is not as described you should request a return for that reason.

Ebay has many a returns option and policies set up for that, but no, they can not help those who are not willing to use it.

We get it quite a bit, buyers dissatisfied one way or another and they start off with "requests for exchanging this for a better item" or any such thing and I'm telling you right now:

Return for Refund.

That is the only choice here and you (the buyer) HAS to initiate this from YOUR end.

And if you are unwilling or otherwise incapable of following through the returns process then there is little that can be done.

It works as outlined here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/return-item.html

Message 14 of 14
latest reply