cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed by overseas seller

I purchased an item supposedly sold in NJ, but it was obvious by the time it took to receive and the tracking, it was sent from China. The item sent to me, was not even remotely close to the beautiful photo they put in the listing. I am going through the return process, but the seller obviously is not fluent in English, and keeps telling me to wait until they come up with a solution. I will open a case if I have to, if he does not give me a refund. My question is how many people on here have been scammed by overseas sellers, selling inferior items that are not even close to the ones listed? It seems fraudulent to me. I am not happy. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Stop communicating with the seller. Open a return case stating the item was not as described. Because the seller won't be able to provide a return label to China eBay will require them to pay return postage upfront. If they don't, eBay will refund without requiring a return.

I've never been scammed by an overseas seller because I'm vigilant in avoiding them.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Stop communicating with the seller. Open a return case stating the item was not as described. Because the seller won't be able to provide a return label to China eBay will require them to pay return postage upfront. If they don't, eBay will refund without requiring a return.

I've never been scammed by an overseas seller because I'm vigilant in avoiding them.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply