cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAMMER

Seller just ripped off eBay buyers for over $1 million selling gold and silver coins and bullion.

His store disappeared.

His website was started in Jan 2024.

hopefully eBay MoneyBack guarantee will make this right!!

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

SCAMMER

If his store 'disappeared' most likely Ebay removed it. No seller can close their account so quickly.Since he was a new seller, his funds would have been held.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

SCAMMER

I purchased  coins from *** because his profile said  sold a lot of items on eBay and is a top rated seller . When I did not received the first item I looked in to the shipping. A shipping number was created but never shipped.  I tried to get in contact with the seller  his profile  was not existing anymore. I have to say the selling items and eBay store was nicely done. Who would have known. Now I'm out thousands of dollars. Included when I should get back my money from eBay, what I do not know yet. The price for gold and Silver was gone up 10%.  To buy the same stuff as of right now I loos a lot of money and precious time. Sad story for everybody who got scammed. 

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

SCAMMER

@orcas-6220,

If the seller's listings are gone and you see No Longer a Registered user, that means that ebay removed the seller. 

Your purchases should still show in your purchase history, and if you click on the More actions box next to them, select Return item, then use Doesn't match photos or description. When you do that the dispute you open will appear on your My ebay Summary page. If you open it, there will be a note saying on what day you can ask ebay to step in, if there is no reply (which there will not be) or the seller doesn't comply w/ the MBG policies usually that date is 4 days away.

If you received your items more than 30 days ago, we need to know that, so we can tell you what to do.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

SCAMMER

As others have explained, you can still open the appropriate case for your situation, either an item not received case or an item not as described case.

The Money Back Guarantee for buyers should still cover your situation.  

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

SCAMMER

According to a cached page from Apr 6, 2024, 6 days ago, that user had 100% feed back and was a top-rated seller. All of the negative feedbacks have come in since then. It appears that they started out in January, selling low-priced items like random stamps for $0.99.  Built up their feedback and seller performance to set this up.

Buyers on eBay will be protected by the Money Back Guarantee. Buyers from their website may not be so lucky.

Interesting that no feedback comments are shown on their page, now. Did they have time to turn it to private before they were NARU'd?

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

SCAMMER

GOOD NEWS.

so eBay gave me a refund quite quickly for the first item I bought.  Hopefully when the second item shows up as fake or doesnt show up at all, they will refund that too.

it is due to arrive on Monday according to the USPS tracking.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

SCAMMER

I agree, this has been a waist of time and I had made a very good deal (too good to be true) and now silver has gone up and down but is stronger this week then last. Ebay has assured me that they will refund me the $2,100 next Wednesday (that's 3 business days) after the holding period for the seller to make good on the complaint (theft in this case). The good news is that the funds did not make it to the seller's account before he/she dissapeared.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

SCAMMER

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it.EBay's pretty good about helping out.This happens from time to time.These scammers come on here and get a bunch of people very quickly... I will open the case myself... I'm not going to freak out about an ebay will take care of things....

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

SCAMMER

So same thing just happen to me but the seller had been around since 2022.  They were listed as one of ebay most trusted sellers.  I warned ebay's fraud dept about the seller and ebay said I was wrong and refused to do anything about the situation.  Now they are out literally millions and I'm out approx 3 k plus a huge headache.   This is truly ebays fault, they should give each buyer full refund plus an ebay gift card.  The bl*** per**

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

SCAMMER

Can you explain how you are out  approx 3K?

Every single buyer here has access to the MBG.

Received an item that's NAD? Open an NAD case.

Did not receive it at all? Open an INR case.

Care to return and give details of the 3K loss? 

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

SCAMMER

Because it hasn't been refunded yet.   Once I've received the refund I will not be out the 3k.   I literally warned ebay early in the process and they didn't believe me.  I l told them verbatim "they are scamming hundreds of people for thousands of dollars."   They said that TBP was a trusted seller

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

SCAMMER

Until I receive my refund I am out the ~3k.   That will not be until Thursday at the earliest of they file on my favor.    I receive a common nba card in an envelope instead of gold and silver.  Like I said I spoke with ebay, then was put through to the fraud department, ebay said that the seller was reputable and refused to make a move.   I warned them on the 7th of this month.  They could have stopped this then but refused to take the action required.   3 days later 50 negative complaints filed millions lost. 

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

SCAMMER

So you expect that eBay is supposed to take down a seller on your say-so? Ebay doesn't know you from Job. They have no idea of your expertise or if you're possibly a competitor trying to remove the competition. They  also have no way to have expertise on the 1.7 billion listings on the site. So they have a comprehensive Money Back Guarantee. You used it and are being refunded. And MBG cases are what eBay uses to determine seller metrics, so if the seller actually has cheated that many people and they open MBG cases the seller will soon be gone.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

SCAMMER

Yes, I expect them to act when I had verifiable proof. Once again they sold literally hundreds (maybe thousands) of items for thousands of dollars. Exactly what I said would happen, happened   A simple look Into thier sales history should have raised red flags.  They spent time building up their feedback by selling cheap items, then sold high end items as a highly trusted  verified ebay seller.   As soon as the item sold they printed out the postage then shipped worthless items.   Ebay could have saved themselves and ebay users time and money if they took the time to listen to a warning and look Into the seller. This seller drained his bank account before ebay could recoup the money.  It doesn't matter if ebay knows me or not exactly what I warned happened and it could have been stopped. The seller probably made millions

Message 15 of 23
latest reply