cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAMMER

Seller just ripped off eBay buyers for over $1 million selling gold and silver coins and bullion.

His store disappeared.

His website was started in Jan 2024.

hopefully eBay MoneyBack guarantee will make this right!!

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: SCAMMER

Yes, I expect them to act when I had verifiable proof. Once again they sold literally hundreds (maybe thousands) of items for thousands of dollars. Exactly what I said would happen, happened A simple look Into thier sales history should have raised red flags. They spent time building up their feedback by selling cheap items, then sold high end items as a highly trusted verified ebay seller. As soon as the item sold they printed out the postage then shipped worthless items. Ebay could have saved themselves and ebay users time and money if they took the time to listen to a warning and look Into the seller. This seller drained his bank account before ebay could recoup the money. It doesn't matter if ebay knows me or not exactly what I warned happened and it could have been stopped. The seller probably made millions

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

I was ripped off as well.  They sent  a small envelope so that they could show tracking on the site and buy time while they ripped off other people so now I have the small envelope to show EBAY (instead of 250oz silver) should it be required

Had 2 orders and they refunded one for $1300 or so in matter of 2 hours

The other one for about 250oz silver APMEx BARS is sitll being reviewed apparently and they don't make it possible to communicate with that group directly

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

After I saw the price of my silver was the same despite silver going way up I smelled a rat and googled them -= sure enough there's a reddit thread on the fraud

yeah they shipped me a small envelope so that shipment details would show on the order and i had 'nothing to complain about' while they ripped off other people.

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

I also had 2 orders (no tracking for first one)

They sent a small envelope instead of the 250oz of silver on the 2nd one just so they could show tracking number while they ripped off other people.  I haven't opened it pending Ebay instructions etc.

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

@johnn1174 

While eBay won’t remove a seller on the suggestion of one buyer, I would say your report helped build the case against that seller. 

If one report was all it took, many of us wouldn’t be here. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 20 of 23
latest reply

I'm another victim here. Opened a case on April 10, somehow the seller responded on April 15 to ask eBay to review the case and make decision. Not sure if other experiencing the same.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

Ebay fully refunded me this morning. Good luck to everyone.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Ebay just refunded my 2nd purchase also

I have to give Ebay credit for honoring the gtee but I think they  probably have some risk management lessons to implement on how they manage and rate sellers etc. 

Message 23 of 23
latest reply