cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund

I purchased the item the order was confirmed and i got the order no and it says awaiting for item to be shipped by a seller. The money was debited from my bank account but the seller says the funds were never received . I opened a requst for item not received Ebay says to ask them to step in after a certain date however i have not yet found the option to contact Enay at all my understanding is that ebay cannot be contacted at all . Will the refund  be issued by Ebay automatically if the seller does not respond

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Refund

@lilu-5136 

The seller is probably new and doesn't understand that eBay holds the funds of new sellers for up to 30 days. But the seller gets a notice they're supposed to ship, which this seller either didn't notice or  is ignoring.

Ebay won't automatically refund you. You'll need to open a Money Back Guarantee case. Look in your purchase history and find the last estimated delivery date. On the day after that date go to the item in your purchase history and click 'I didn't receive it' under More actions. Four business days later go back to the case and ask eBay to step in. They'll then refund you in full. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Refund

@kathiec wrote:

@lilu-5136 wrote:

I opened a requst for item not received

Ebay says to ask them to step in after a certain date

however i have not yet found the option to contact Enay at all my understanding is that ebay cannot be contacted at all . 

You'll need to open a Money Back Guarantee case. Look in your purchase history and find the last estimated delivery date. On the day after that date go to the item in your purchase history and click 'I didn't receive it' under More actions. Four business days later go back to the case and ask eBay to step in. They'll then refund you in full. 

Even though you've already opened a request for Item Not Received @lilu-5136 and are waiting for a certain date when eBay says you can come back to click and ask them to step in, go ahead as instructed to start another request. On eBay you can start a request over and over, even though you can't.

While it's your understanding that eBay cannot be contacted at all, you actually don't need to contact eBay at all. Just wait until the date eBay gave you, then come back to ask them to step in, to get your refund.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Refund

@lilu-5136,

"I purchased the item the order was confirmed and i got the order no and it says awaiting for item to be shipped by a seller. The money was debited from my bank account but the seller says the funds were never received".

What @kathiec wrote in her reply about the seller being new is probably the reason why the seller has not shipped. You could have found that out if you had checked their feedback profile before buying from them.  On a listing page if scroll down to where the seller's username is shown in a large font, below that will be a couple of feedback comments and below them is an oval with See all feedback in it. that is a button that will take you to the seller's profile page. On it click on the As a seller tab to see if they have any feedback for selling at all or in the last year.

The hold mentioned is applied on the accounts of all new sellers and those who have not sold in over a year.  Many of the new/returning sellers do not know about it, or how to proceed.  All they see on their account is the payment status is marked as Pending so they don't want to ship. 

If you would rather get the item instead of a refund, message the seller again, and tell them if they think they haven't been paid because it says Pending, to do an online search for
"Payments on hold - ebay"  that would get them the info they need to ship the item and get their funds released. 

In the future always check a seller's feedback profile before buying from one. A new/returning seller could have a 100% rating, but all for buying, not selling at least in the last year.  If a seller has received negative or neutral feedback, click on the numbers of those to read only those comments. Never go by a percentage alone.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Refund

After the date Ebay gave you, return to the case and there should be a link to ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Refund

They already started the INR, now they just have to wait until they can ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 6
latest reply