cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received more items than ordered.

I received multiple items with the one I ordered, all unrelated. Is this some type of scam?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

I think you need to disclose more details.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Ok. I ordered a set of dvds and received skin cream and some sort of stem cell treatment items in the same box as the order. These were not listed in the item description and I have no idea why they would be in the box. The package came from overseas and I am in the us if that helps any.

Anything else I should include?

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

@dragonsystems_10 wrote:

Ok. I ordered a set of dvds and received skin cream and some sort of stem cell treatment items in the same box as the order. These were not listed in the item description and I have no idea why they would be in the box. The package came from overseas and I am in the us if that helps any.

Anything else I should include?

@dragonsystems_10 

I'd suggest to keep the DVD's (if they suit you) and trash the cream and stem cell treatment... yuck.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Fair, and that is my plan. I just wanted to know if this is some sort of known grift and if I should watch out for anything else.

It seems really bizarre, I've been on ebay for years and I've never had a seller send me completely unrelated things to my order as well as the product. I guess this is just kinda a weird mystery though...

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

The seller could have made a mistake and put two orders in the same package?

Have a great day
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

When I'm clearing out some cheap stuff I've occasionally chucked in an extra item or two in the box. But they've always been the same or similar items.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

There is no way for the seller to charge you for the extra items so I don't see how it can be any type

of scam.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

If that happened to me, I would probably contact the seller to make sure he did not send you someone else's order along with your own.  

And if he wants it back, tell him he will need to send you the funds to send it.  

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Seems this was the shipping company's fault. Kinda makes sense in hindsight.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Can you describe how it was the shipping company's fault? Did you receive more than one package perhaps? Because if what you received was all contained in one package, how could it be the fault of anyone except the seller?  

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

I believe the OP was referring to the seller. The seller shipped, thus being called the shipper. 

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

So the OP was calling the seller "the shipping company"? 

Why? 

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Probably the same reason posters call a seller a buyer and a buyer a seller. 

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

Probably the same reason posters call a seller a buyer and a buyer a seller. 

And eBay's just a venue.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply