cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased & Paid Item Deleted from Ebay, Had to dispute directly via Paypal

33 days ago purchased 1lb of lose tea leaves for $20 plus tax (even though its non-taxable in my state including online).

After a month passed, and I never received the tea leaves from seller in my state, I  could not even find the listing in my ebay purchased.

It turns out out eBay 'deleted' the listing and hid it from my purchases!

Luckily I just remembered I had paid $22 to so and so seller and looked it up in Paypal, where I was able to dispute it as Not received and only after Escalating the Paypal case (initially they referred me to dispute it thru eBay but that was impossible since eBay peculiarly deleted every evidence of its purchase or existence) it was finally refunded back to my card

What I'm wondering is simply why did Ebay disappear it from my Purchases? Had I not remembered I paid for the item by Paypal and had proof, Ebay would have kept the payment as the seller is no longer registered and the item I purchased peculiarly no longer ever existed.

PS: Why did they (eBay) charge Sales Tax on the item when it it is Non-Taxable? How does eBay get away with that?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

eBay removes fraudulent listings from the site, making them unsearchable by their item number.

If this was the case, the item should just show as "Item Not Found" or "Item Removed", with no picture, in your list of purchased items.

You can still file a case on eBay for these removed items; you would just have to go to the Resolution Center to file.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

But what makes the listing for 1lb of tea leaves fraudulent, eBays actions or taxing them?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Maybe the seller got suspended for bad practices.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I have twice tried to order a one pound package of Lipton Black Tea from two different eBay sellers. Each time purchase was refunded (wasted my time!), AND SELLERS RELISTED SAME ITEM at SAME PRICE! 

I don't know what the "deal" is. 😮 

So, I ordered from Wallyworld online, they shipped for free to my local store and I picked it up. It's been awhile but I believe the price was the same or very close. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply