cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase completed on Feb 1st, still haven't received.

I ordered an 2 computer boards from a seller on Feb 1st and a package arrived Feb 8th. Inside the bag were two little bags of some kind of metal casings. No idea what they are but they are obviously not the computer boards. 
I contacted the seller on Feb 8th and explained the situation. They replied the next day and said they would send out the computer boards as soon as possible.
I've been going back and forth with the seller for months now. Every time they just keep telling me to please wait 3-5 more days . It's been almost 4 months.
I opened a dispute March 5th for the items not arriving. They say the tracking shows it was delivered and they closed the case. Yes, the tracking shows something was delivered but it was the wrong item. I don't know where to go from here.
I've tried contacting ebay all morning and I'm pulling my hair out here. The customer phone number just says to go to the help pages and disconnects. The help pages want you to select the item you're having problems with. So when I select the computer boards it says that case has been resolved.
Anyone have any ideas where to go from here since it seems impossible to currently contact ebay? Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Purchase completed on Feb 1st, still haven't received.

You can't do anything on ebay now, since you let the seller string you along until it was past the MBG dates.

Now you can open a Not as Described claim in PayPal, but you would need to pay shipping back. If that doesn't work, your only other option is a CC chargeback, if you paid that way.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

"I ordered an 2 computer boards from a seller on Feb 1st"

"I opened a dispute March 5th for the items not arriving"

"I've been going back and forth with the seller for months now. Every time they just keep telling me to please wait 3-5 more days . It's been almost 4 months."

Four months, doesn't calculate.

Maybe you were scammed?

It's been 2 months 3 weeks since you bought and I don't think there is anything you can do other that a paypal case or charge back.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I just won a PayPal dispute after being similarly scammed. Because the seller did not respond to the dispute, PayPal refunded me after 21 days and did not require me to ship anything back.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You opened the wrong type of case.  You opened an Item Not Received.  The seller won because tracking shows something was DELIVERED.  The correct case to have been opened was Not as Described.  You then return the items back to the seller, and when tracking shows DELIVERED, the seller refunds you.

Because of the length of time that has passed, you can now file an Item Not as Described case on Paypal to get your money back, after you ship the items back to the seller with TRACKING.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@disneyshopper wrote:

You opened the wrong type of case.  You opened an Item Not Received.  The seller won because tracking shows something was DELIVERED.  The correct case to have been opened was Not as Described.  You then return the items back to the seller, and when tracking shows DELIVERED, the seller refunds you.

Because of the length of time that has passed, you can now file an Item Not as Described case on Paypal to get your money back, after you ship the items back to the seller with TRACKING.

I'm glad you posted that excellent advice!  What happened to the OP hasn't happened to me, at least not yet, but if I were to ever get an empty package or a package with something useless in it like what happened to the OP, I would be apt to make the same mistake the OP did and file a INR case instead of a NAD.  Now I'll be on my toes if it ever does happen to me, thanks to your post. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply