cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Sri Lankan Economy

To all the Sri Lankan members that have been having problems with using their debit cards to pay on eBay:

The problem stems from the dismal state of the economy in your country and not anything eBay has done.  From the media reports I've seen, it appears that much of the problem is owing to your governments handling (or mishandling) of the economy for some time.  Alas!  There is nothing that we or eBay can do to remedy the current situation in your country.  You will probably need to contact your bank, although I'm not sure what they can do to elevate the problem. 

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Problem with Sri Lankan Economy

@7606dennis wrote:

You will probably need to contact your bank, although I'm not sure what they can do to elevate the problem. 

Frankly, why would their bank elevate the problem and make the situation worse? That doesn't make sense! 

1600x960_220710-sri-lanka-economy-protesters-storm-palace-swim-in-pool.jpg

With  inflation up 55%, Sri Lanka president, prime minister resign after protesters storm palace, swim in pool.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

He probably typed alleviate and this lovely eBay auto correct changed it to elevate. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@fab_finds4u wrote:

He probably typed alleviate and this lovely eBay auto correct changed it to elevate. 

Yep!  I misspelled "alleviate" and the AI corrected my mistake incorrectly.  

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 4 of 4
latest reply