cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package got delivered to correct address but buyer did not received it.

Recently I have started a conversation about this issue but now I have got some details that might help me to get a more precise answer to my problem. I have ordered an item and the system is showing that it got delivered on the 16th of Feb. However I did not get that. I have contacted FedEx and they confirmed that the item got delivered to the correct address. The package got signed for by someone whom I do not know.  Unfortunately, I cannot see an exact address on the FedEx website by myself as it asks me for a 9-digit account number. I have asked it the seller but they do not want to give me this number (no idea why). I have already opened INR case on eBay and filed a claim through FedEx. However, I am not sure if any of these claims might help.  I am just curious about what can happen to the package and is there any other way to solve this issue??

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Package got delivered to correct address but buyer did not received it.

Read this.  Some aspects may need updating, but you will get the idea:

It appears you are a victim of the "fake tracking scam". When you file an eBay claim for item not received, and there is a record of "delivery", the automated system and the regular customer service will not validate the tracking and you lose. Any tracking number that shows "delivered" to basically anywhere will suffice.

If you appeal with the same information, you will lose. If you file anywhere else (i.e. PayPal or your credit card) for "item not received" you are likely to get the same result unless you provide information regarding the scam. Nobody is going to check to see that the tracking is for a parcel that was actually shipped before you even paid, or was for a 50 lb. box when your item was only 4 ounces. Nobody checks to see that the package was NOT sent to your address. But all hope is NOT lost.

There is usually really good eBay money back guarantee protections in place

UNLESS

you are a victim of the "fake tracking scam".

There is something you can do, but it is NOT going to involve calling or chatting with the lower tier eBay customer service anymore.

Just for starters, since you have the tracking number go here, and select the carrier and input the number.

This site just might show you exactly where/when the parcel originated, size/weight, and intended delivery address.

https://www.ship24.com/ (this will not work for USPS)

Go check on it, and make a screen shot. The details should show the street address (not yours).

You can get help for your issue. Typically it requires that you have some documentation from the carrier that the tracking number is NOT related to a parcel shipped to your address. That is sometimes difficult to obtain. For USPS parcels, it may require a visit to your local Post Office. If your seller is already Naru'd (no longer a registered user) that is a good thing, too. It means eBay already knows about the scamming adventures, and does not want to lose anymore of eBay's money as a result.

Basically, you are going to have to contact eBay via the big blue SEND MESSAGE button on this page:

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

The eBay staff that monitors the messages here are well aware of the fake tracking scam. Better yet, they actually have the authority to do something about it. You will need to message with your name, contact information, user ID, item/transaction number, any documentation you may have about the parcel/tracking. You need to mention that your 'seller' is no longer a registered user as well if that is the case.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out for you.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@ittybitnot  Thanks a lot for your detailed response. However, I have to mention that the seller most probably is not a scammer as they have more than 350k reviews on eBay and I have already ordered an item 2 months ago from them and there was no problem at all.

I have checked a tracking number with ship24.com but it shows the same information as I see on the FedEx website. I already spoke to FedEx and they confirmed that the package got delivered to the correct address. My guess is that it got delivered to somewhere around of neighborhood of my address but again I might be wrong again. I am using eBay since 2014 and never encountered such problems.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@turksadi wrote:

The package got signed for by someone whom I do not know.

Unfortunately, I cannot see an exact address on the FedEx website 

Revisiting this @turksadi if you didn't look the last time on the FedEx website.

4adsfhhdsuhfpuihdsiuhfhda4.jpg

What are the weight and dimensions on the FedEx website?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@azaz_8302  Does this information really give smt?

ffff.png

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Does your item fit a 1 pound and 2 inches thick, about the size of a pizza box?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@azaz_8302  I think it can fit. This is smart watch - Apple Watch SE.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply