cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not complaining, but has anyone else ever had this happen? Strange experience with seller.

A while back I decided that I needed a new "dry" towel for my golf bag.  This was a cheap fungible item and it said it was being shipped from Kentucky so I figured, Why Not?  I can always get it elsewhere if something happens, and I am not in a huge hurry.  So I found and ordered this item in the blue color.  

A couple of hours later, I received an email from the seller saying that they were out of the blue and would I take a white or grey towel.  I responded that No, I wanted blue.  If they were out, please cancel the order and refund me and I would get it elsewhere.  About an hour later, I get another message saying, You are in luck,  We found a blue towel and are shipping it immediately.  I replied saying I was fine with this.  I then received a tracking number showing it was shipping from Lexington, Kentucky.

Last Friday, June 24 I received a package with a California postmark.  I open it, and it is the towel I ordered.  It was exactly what I was expecting and came quickly, so I left positive feedback for the buyer.  I noticed that the tracking still showed the package on the way, but I had the towel in hand so I really didn't care if tracking hadn't caught up yet.

The next day, Saturday, I received another package with a California postmark.  I opened it and found another towel and a club brush inside.  I never ordered this, but the towel was just like the other so I can use it.  Wasn't quite sure what to do with it, so I just held onto it.  Looking at tracking, the original package was still on it's way to me.

Monday comes, I get another package.  This time the package is postmarked Kentucky and the original shipping finally shows delivered.  I opened it expecting another towel.  Again, something I never ordered.  I don't want or need this item, nor would I ever use it.  But I don't want to send it back, so I just held on to it for the moment.

Today, I receive an email from the seller saying that they are so sorry my package hasn't been delivered yet, but it should be soon.  They further explained how Covid was impacting the USPS.  I replied telling them I received my package a week ago, was happy with it, and left positive feedback.  I also gave them links to the other 2 items I received that I did not order and asked what they wanted me to do with them.  I have not heard anything back yet.

Has anyone else ever gotten extra packages you didn't order from a seller?  All 3 packages had the sellers name on them, so I know they came from him, even though I only ordered one and they were shipped from different places.  If I don't hear back, I will just keep and use the extra towel and brush.  I will throw the alignment thing away, but give my wife the sharpies for her crafts.  This whole thing just seems strange to me.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Not complaining, but has anyone else ever had this happen? Strange experience with seller.

Yes, I have...twice..notified the sellers with no response. Gave one item to my granddaughter and tossed the other one..so I wouldnt worry about it. Sounds like a drop shipping order that got mixed up at the source.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Too many cooks in the kitchen.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply