cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Update on Package and No Answer from Seller

I apologize if this has been asked before, but this is the first time I have had to deal with this.

Last month (Early August) I have ordered a costume from a seller. Besides some tracking number mishaps, I haven't had any problems doing this from any other sellers. I looked at the ratings for this one too and feel like they were trust worthy. So I sent in my payment and my sizes and thought I was good right?

The last day for estimated delivery is this upcoming Weds. Sept 6. While I have lurked the forums and saw that some sellers don't have to give you a tracking number, which I understand, they are still supposed to mark shipped on the thing when they ship it out correct? In my purchases, this item has not been marked shipped. I have sent out two messages at this point (One giving my measurements the day I paid for it and the other asking for a general update at where they were at as I was getting worried) trying not to spam them but I've yet to get a reply. 

What should I do at this point? Should I message them again soon or wait until the last day? How long should I wait to open a case. I would prefer not opening one as I hate being that person, but this is the first time I have not had a package sent out before the estimated delivery and I would do it if needed. Thanks in advance everyone!

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Ebay does not require sellers to ship with tracking, or even to mark the item shipped. If the latest delivery estimate is September 6, you have no choice but to wait. On September 7, you will be able to file an item not received case in the resolution center. The seller will have 3 business days to respond--if they don't upload tracking proving delivery or refund you, you can ask ebay to step in on day 4. You can send a message to the seller asking about the order status now. Hopefully they respond. Good luck!

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

@sakura10594

Is it a Chinese seller by chance?

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

It looks as though you ordered the costume from a Chinese seller. Once Sept 6 passes, you can open a INR case and get your money back.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Where is your seller located? 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Sorry but it is not uncommon to have this issue with off shore sellers.

That said, you may still get your costume by the estimated delivery date.  But if not, don't feel badly about opening a case.  It is necessary to get your money back!  It's great that you think about the consequences of your action for someone else, but really, it's just something that you havemay need to do in this case if you don't get your items.

I admit it does not look good that it does not show shipped, but again, you could still get it.  If you don't, file an item not received case by choosing the item in your Purchase History, or go to the Resolution Center and choose the items.  This is your protection as a buyer.  You will get a refund.  

You were smart to order far enough in advance to allow for this snafu.  You can then look for your items from another seller.  Best of luck to you!

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

All righty, thank you so much! I was wondering and getting worried but I don't want to bother them again.
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Yes, it is. Besides a few tracking number mishaps, I havne't had anything like this before.
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

All righty. Thank you!
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Like the others said from above, the seller is located in China. I do know it does take time shipping from there, it's just me getting worried as I usually seem to.
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Thank you and I will do. I just prefer talking to them first and seeing what we can do, but I think that might not be a thing in this case. I usually do, but thankfully it's not an urgent matter so if this did happen I can find another seller.
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Don't fall for their tricks!  They will ask you to wait longer for the costume (which is never going to be shipped).  They wuill try to string you our until it is too late for you to file a claim to get your money back.  It is all a scam.  Be sure to follow through with the Item Not Received claim. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Was this item custom made just for YOU? You mentioned sending the measurements. They might have a longer handling time than normal. 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@imakesugar Yes, it was ordered custom. I'm assuming the dates for the custom item would be the correct one. (I know every seller is different but this has seemed to be true up to this point for me.) I would be okay if they answered that they were taking a bit longer or were still in the process of making it but I haven't gotten an answer still from the previous message that I asked them.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@sakura10594 wrote:

@imakesugar Yes, it was ordered custom. I'm assuming the dates for the custom item would be the correct one. (I know every seller is different but this has seemed to be true up to this point for me.) I would be okay if they answered that they were taking a bit longer or were still in the process of making it but I haven't gotten an answer still from the previous message that I asked them.

As others have said, file a Item not received case now since the due date has passed and the seller has not communicated. The seller will then have to respond to ebay and you will be on the path to resolution.

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 15 of 17
latest reply