cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with cancelling an order that a seller allowed me to

Hello,

So I'm new to Ebay, and I'm more used to systems like Amazon. Here's the situation, I wanted to figure out the total price including tax and shipping and all that, so I clicked commit to buy not realizing that I was obliged to pay for it. I contacted the seller describing the situation, and he allowed me to cancel the order, but I don't know how to cancel it. Any help?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

After an hour you can't cancel. And even then it's just a request to cancel.    The seller would have to cancel on their end.  But they don't have to cancel at all. They can either eat the fees or file a unpaid item strike.  You should be able to see all the costs associated without officially buying 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

A buyer can't cancel the the order, only the seller can cancel for you. You can request to cancel the order with restrictions-"A buyer can request to cancel a transaction within 1 hour of purchasing the item, even if they've already paid for the item."

You can read about it here-->Canceling a transaction

under Respond to a cancellation request from a buyer.

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The seller needs to cancel using buyers request as a reason to get their fees back, but don't have to cancel. If you put the item in your cart you will see any taxes charged.

I remember when if you asked Alexa to change the channel, she had to go to the TV and turn the knob. ~ iowa_east_coast
Message 4 of 4
latest reply