cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO FEEDBACK FROM SELLER

A seller blamed ebay for not shipping a item , it was 5 days late 

now ebay keeps sending me messages about leaving a feedback for the seller

I dont want to give a bad mark for someone with a 100% rating but blaming ebay

and not giving me a good feedback is **bleep** does ebay send sellers messages about leaving feedback for buyers? what should i do?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

NO FEEDBACK FROM SELLER

Feedback is 100% voluntary for both buyer and seller. No one is required to leave feedback. No one is entitled to feedback.

If you think that shipping five days late and blaming eBay for it is worthy of a negative, then you can give the seller a negative for that. The fact that the seller has not left you positive feedback should not influence your decision either way, though, since that is not part of the transaction you are rating.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

NO FEEDBACK FROM SELLER

Hi @pbcasey 

eBay sends feedback reminders to both buyers and sellers who haven’t opted out of receiving them.

You can opt out here:

My eBay > Account > Communication Preferences 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

NO FEEDBACK FROM SELLER

Receiving feedback is not something you should care about. Its nice to get (positive) but not required. Sellers can not leave feedback that is negative.

Personally i would not leave negative feedback unless i was harassed, received a product that was not described or similar. Buying online usually affords us better prices but shipping can vary as we all know. 

-Good Luck

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

NO FEEDBACK FROM SELLER

@pbcasey wrote:

A seller blamed ebay for not shipping a item , it was 5 days late 

eBay doesn't ship anything, sellers do all the shipping.

now ebay keeps sending me messages about leaving a feedback for the seller

You can ignore the reminder, You can also turn those reminders of in your Communication Preferences  in Buying Activity 

I dont want to give a bad mark for someone with a 100% rating but blaming ebay

and not giving me a good feedback is **bleep** does ebay send sellers messages about leaving feedback for buyers? what should i do?

Feedback is voluntary no one is required to leave it, the seller may have feedback set to automatically give buyers feedback when the buyer gives them positive feedback. (Only sellers have this setting)

If you are unhappy with the transaction and you haven't received your item leaving negative feedback is up to you.  Ask yourself this are you satisfied with the transaction? 

If you don't receive your item by the last estimated date of delivery noted in your order details you should open an item not received case.

Go into your purchase history, click the drop down menu it will say MORE ACTIONS. Click on that to find "I didn't receive it" follow the prompts to confirm request.

Your seller has 2 days to upload tracking to prove delivery or refund, if by day 3 you don’t receive a satisfactory response from the seller or a refund. You can go back to the case and that’s when you can ask eBay to step in. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

NO FEEDBACK FROM SELLER

I have enough things to do as a seller and running my own business than to worry about leaving every person that buys from me feedback. What I do is have automated feedback turned on so when a buyer leaves me a positive, the system automatically leaves them one as well. This seller could have that function turned on. 

As for days late you'd have to be more specific. Did the buyer ship the item 5 days after their stating handling time? If yes, 5 business days or are you counting the weekend as well? If the seller has a 3 day handling time and you bought the item Friday, they could ship it Wednesday and still be within their handling time.  If the seller shipped the item out on time and it just showed up 5 days later than what ebay said thats not the sellers fault. 

As for leaving negatives that is on you. One thing many sellers, including myself, do is if a buyer contacts me or makes an offer on an item, the first thing I do is check the feedback they leave. If they have a habit of leaving bad feedback or seem hard to please its an immediate block.  

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

NO FEEDBACK FROM SELLER

I pick and choose my battles and have decided to leave no feedback at all for sellers who clearly earned a negative if it's something I can let slide. Sellers look at your feedback left and hold it against you even in cases where the buyer was in the right.

I personally look at feedback left and I don't sell, but I try to provide advice on these boards and I like to know what type of eBayer I'm dealing with and feedback left can tell a lot, as well as replies to feedback. 

I will sometimes leave positive feedback for a seller even if I haven't gotten it first and often they will have the auto feedback on so I end up getting one too. If I leave it and don't get any and I was really happy with my item; I just shrug and keep it moving.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

NO FEEDBACK FROM SELLER

I'm sorry that eBay is pestering you about leaving feedback - it's voluntary and I wish they wouldn't do that.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

NO FEEDBACK FROM SELLER

@pbcasey,

"A seller blamed ebay for not shipping a item , it was 5 days late". 

If your seller is not an experienced one they may have waited until the payment was in their account, before shipping your item.  They may also have had issues with printing shipping labels from the site.

A seller can have a 100% rating, but mostly for buying not selling, if they only sell occasionally. Which is just one reason why you should check each seller's feedback profile before buying from them. 

You do not do that much buying on ebay, so maybe you do not understand that eBay's Estimated delivery dates or time frames,  often do not conform to what the shipping agencies give as their time frames.  After all Estimated means just that. Those dates are not set in stone.  

As for receiving feedback reminders, those can be turned off. 

Feedback is voluntary as everyone has said, and so far as a buyer you have done only the minimum required of you, which is paying for your item.

If you are not happy with the item or the shipping time, you have the option of leaving a neutral feedback which will not affect the seller's percentage. You could leave a positive one mentioning the slow shipping, but saying the item was what you ordered.  Or you could leave a Negative.  The last option is not to leave one at all. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 9 of 9
latest reply