cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My bid won't post to an item

I have been trying to post a bid for several days. I have now been out bid due to this. Please Help!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@starshine5903,

Are you getting an error message, and if so what does it say?

If you have gotten a message saying the seller is not accepting bids from you, you have been blocked by them for some reason.  Maybe a bad transaction years ago?

If there are no messages about why your bids are not being accepted.  Try clearing your device's temporary internet files and cookie cache, then restarting it.  Make sure browser and/or operating system updates have been downloaded.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

What is the error message you get when you try to bid?  Is the item your bidding shipped to your address?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Seller may have you on their BBL, for who knows what reason.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

You may be on the seller's personal Blocked Bidder List.

You may have Strikes for non-payment, and the seller has an automatic Block on any bidder with Strikes.

You may be in a state which he has Blocked. These are usually those off the lower 48.

You may have bought too many items from his very recently. There is a Block available for that situation which prevents attacks on merchant accounts.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@starshine5903,

Are you getting an error message, and if so what does it say?

If you have gotten a message saying the seller is not accepting bids from you, you have been blocked by them for some reason.  Maybe a bad transaction years ago?

If there are no messages about why your bids are not being accepted.  Try clearing your device's temporary internet files and cookie cache, then restarting it.  Make sure browser and/or operating system updates have been downloaded.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Hi mudshark61369, thanks so much for trying to help. My bid was the first bid placed on the item, each time I placed it the page came back as if nothing was done. I finally went to my large desktop to post the bid and it took it. I received no error messages, nothing. Also, the pages sellers  put on the website for us to see items, will not advance for me. I shut my computer (Acer-small laptop) down every nite which clears the cookies, however I do keep my history and delete it month by month. My score is 6005 and I'm in excellent standing, as I pay right away almost all the time. I just can't figure this out, I have also checked my settings. The pages not advancing is an EBAY problem I believe, as I have had that happen before. I just can't figure this out!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

None of the above, but thank you for trying to help!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for trying to help!  No error message and yes the item will come to my home.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I sure don't know why. Check my score of 6005, all excellent, as I pay quickly.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

ALL buyers have perfect feedback.  

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Also, the pages sellers put on the website for us to see items, will not advance for me. I shut my computer (Acer-small laptop) down every nite which clears the cookies, however I do keep my history and delete it month by month.

What browser are you using on your laptop?

Try a different browser as a test. If pages load correctly there, try clearing your browser cache in the original browser.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply