cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key sellers using OEM dealer key pics, but selling unreliable universal keys

I am a locksmith and have purchased the same garbage key from two different sellers. They are showing a picturt of an OEM board, but then sending a chinese made "Lonsdor" (stamped on the board) universal key. both are $50 plus paperweights. Nowhere written listing does it say they are Lonsdor keys. Had they put this in the listing I would not have bought them. The thing is one of them I bought in January 2024. but the customer postponed due to not having the funds. I decided to buy another for redundancy and to keep in stock for the next job that takes this key. The key on the left is the customers OEM dealer key. The two on the right are Universal Lonsdor keys

https://www.ebay.com/itm/314607237745

&

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224910259054

How do I call ebay and speak with someone. Did they go back to zero phone communication again?

The key on the left is an OEM dealer key. The two on the right are from 2 different sellers20240430_134400.jpg20240430_134231.jpg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@turnkeylocksmith wrote:

The thing is one of them I bought in January 2024. but the customer postponed due to not having the funds. I decided to buy another for redundancy and to keep in stock for the next job that takes this key. 

Is the thing is that you're out of time? You don't need to talk to eBay to start a return request, but you'd need to be within 30 days of actual delivery.

Otherwise, file a dispute here if that's how you paid, and you'll pay return shipping to Walnut (but if China, come back for advice) for your refund. Or file a chargeback with your card issuer, to get your refund.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

How do I call ebay and speak with someone. Did they go back to zero phone communication again?

@turnkeylocksmith 

You can request a 'call back' to talk to a human.  They won't be able to help you much, they are outsourced to foreign call centers, with very little authority to do anything.   If you get a product that is not as advertised you need to file a return for item not as described.  Find the item in your purchase history to get started. 

Both of the products you show are from sellers in CHINA.  Expect to get the run around from the seller as a delay tactic to run your case past the window for filing.  Do not accept a replacement in lieu of a refund. If they pull the "can't issue a return label",  find the cost with delivery confirmation back to them and tell them they need to send you cash for the return postage IN ADVANCE (usually through PayPal).  No label, no cash RETURN TO THE CASE and escalate (ask eBay to step in) and get your refund. 

Learn to vet your sellers better as well.  Price is NOT a substitute for quality.  Continued claims that likely cost eBay money is the best way to get their attention.  

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Per the MBG, if/when a buyer receives an item that's not as described, as in not OEM, the buyer has 30 days to open an item not as described case.  After opening the case, the buyer then waits 96 hours for a response from the seller, which should be a prepaid return label.  Once the returned item is received by the seller, the seller is required by eBay to refund the buyer in total.

If the customer "postponed due to not having the funds", that's not the seller's problem.  

Most issues like this can be easily resolved by following the instructions in the MBG with no need or reason to contact eBay.  

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I bought one in Jan 2024. I bought another last week. I'm within the time for 1 of them. The other is a waste

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

If you paid for the first one with a credit card, contact them.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@turnkeylocksmith,

You might avoid the issues you've had, if you start checking seller's feedback profile pages before buying from them. All of the ones you've posted negs for are registered in China. 2 have stopped selling on those IDs for awhile. 96% feedback is a terrible percentage for high volume sellers,  and finally, most of the sellers who state U.S. Seller, and/or use American flag symbols on their listings are chinese no matter what country they are registered in.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I'm surprised they are allowing a dispute after 60 days. I guess they extended the deadlines. Chase also started allowing uploading of documents of evidence. These 2 are going to lose.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply