cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Areived at Hub

I have purchased an a 2nd hand macbook and the shipping was about $90 to my specific country from US to South Africa. However I had just realised that, the item is estimated to arrive in one to two months through 'ebay International Shipping' program. I thought I was paying for premium shipping with fast shipping time! 

Is it possible that I can get my item faster than the estimated time? Also can someone please advice about the time an item spends at eBay hub, because so far it is the the step that is taking the longest!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Item Areived at Hub

@kgauaa-0,

The reason for the long delivery time span is, once a package arrives at an eBay International Shipping Program hub, it is held until there are enough packages to fill an Air Shipping Container destined for your country, so that it gets a Bulk rate shipping price.  Standard international shipping services like UPS, FedEx, DHL, or the USPS would send your package to one of their facilities in a country that has a lot of trade with S. Africa, and transfer it to a container shipping from there to your country. 

Ex: From a U.S. location to the U.K. where it is transferred to an airline that carries mail with many flights to S. Africa.

The estimated delivery time frame is based on the average time it takes for the ISP to ship items from the U.S. hub to your country. 

Now that it is at the Hub, there is no way to speed up the process. For future reference on a listing page, click on the Shipping, Returns & Payments tab on it, to see what service the seller uses. If it says they use the ISP, find another seller who uses a standard shipping service like the ones mentioned above.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Item Areived at Hub

Was the  last estimated delivery date not shown to you when you made your purchase? 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply