cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is seller notified that my offer has preapproved payment ready to go?

I am one of the buyers in the Beta test program where you provide payment info to Ebay along with your offer to the seller. If the seller accepts your offer then he gets Immediate Payment on the spot.

I am just wondering if the seller is told (when he receives my offer) that I have a preapproved payment ready to be sent? I know from my selling account that a seller can choose the option of "Require buyers to provide a payment method before they make an offer" but that can only be used with buyers who are in the test program. Buyers who are not in the test program can still send an offer to the seller - but retain the ability to ghost the seller (or try to lure him into a fake payment scam) if they decide not to pay after the offer is accepted.

I am wondering whether the seller can tell the difference between an offer from a preapproved-payment buyer and an offer from a non-approved one. Thanks for any insight.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Is seller notified that my offer has preapproved payment ready to go?

It's been awhile since I had one, but I'm pretty sure that I saw that it would be paid for immediately. So... I say "yes".

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Is seller notified that my offer has preapproved payment ready to go?

i have seen it on several of the offers i have received ...

Message 3 of 3
latest reply