cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my account hacked?? PLEASE HELP

I looked at my bank account and realized that around $200 was gone. i looked to find out that 4 video games have been bought for xbox. I do not own a xbox. I have since took my card off of my account. I have the emails saying the conformation but must have missed them because they were in my junk mail. Also, when i go to my messages on ebay, those 4 items are under the hidden section. I contacted the sellers and asked for a refund even though it says "refunds not accepted". Who should i contact for more help? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

1st contact your bank!

Also Change all your passwords.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I have changed all my passwords. And I have contacted my bank. My bank said they cant do anything about it and that i would have to contact Ebay.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@vander28296,

Since you do not mention if the video games appear in your purchase history, and that Order Confirmed emails were in your junk mail, I would have to assume that someone used your account to buy as a guest.

If the items are in your Purchase history it is likely someone either had access to your phone, computer or other device. If you use a portable device at places like restaurants, hotels, or other places that provide wi-fi,your device could have been hacked. If other people use your device and you have a saved username & password someone could have logged in as you.

Since ebay payments go through a payment processor your card number is not shown to sellers. But if it was selected as your Auto payment method anyone with your login info, could buy something because of that.  To be safe I would contact your card provider and maybe get a new one issued.

If you want to contact ebay about this, scroll to the bottom of this page and under the Tools & apps header click on security center.   You may have to create a new account. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Here's eBay's Help page for hacked accounts. It may offer tips and contacts you haven't yet done:

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/protecting-account/get-help-hacked-account?id=4196

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@vander28296 

Read this in regards to your hacked Ebay account:

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/protecting-account/get-help-hacked-account?id=4196#section1

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 6 of 6
latest reply